Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is I9300 still worth buying in 2014?

Tip us?

anas/LY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default is I9300 still worth buying in 2014?

Hi,

as the title says, is this phone worth buying in 2014?
I'm not a heavy user, that's a picture of the apps that I have on my phone right now:

I use my phone mainly for: Facebook Messaging (messenger app), Playing GameBoy Advanced Games (only need 20mb of ram), Music, Watching Videos (for a long period of time), and Playing Eternity Warrior 2.
No mobile data, so I don't care about 2G/3G/4G because I'll set it to 2G all the time and relay on WiFi, And every app on my phone is not bigger than 10mb .
I'll of course root it, delete the system apps to make it lighter I don't care about the samsung crap or I'll flash a stock android. I'm sure that the phone can do all the stuff I mentioned above but is it good or there's a better choices in the same price range and more importantly CAN IT RUN EW2? (I play it for 3+ hours a day)

thanks in advance.

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by anas/LY View Post
Hi,

as the title says, is this phone worth buying in 2014?
I'm not a heavy user, that's a picture of the apps that I have on my phone right now:

I use my phone mainly for: Facebook Messaging (messenger app), Playing GameBoy Advanced Games (only need 20mb of ram), Music, Watching Videos (for a long period of time), and Playing Eternity Warrior 2.
No mobile data, so I don't care about 2G/3G/4G because I'll set it to 2G all the time and relay on WiFi, And every app on my phone is not bigger than 10mb .
I'll of course root it, delete the system apps to make it lighter I don't care about the samsung crap or I'll flash a stock android. I'm sure that the phone can do all the stuff I mentioned above but is it good or there's a better choices in the same price range and more importantly CAN IT RUN EW2? (I play it for 3+ hours a day)

thanks in advance.
It can definitely run all of the apps you have. The problem is touchwiz lags alot so you are better off with nexus devices tbh. U can also get this device and flash cm on it. It all depends on you.