Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9300(international) 4.1.3 upgrade settings issue even after hard reset

Tip us?

naveenspatil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] i9300(international) 4.1.3 upgrade settings issue even after hard reset

Hi All,
1. i9300(unlocked international) got an upgrade 4.1.3 after that my setting link wont work at all,
2. tried a lot of things but nothing worked and had to hard reset
3. After rebooting it opens the welcome page and "unfortunately, settings has stopped"
4. Called Samsung -> they do not support international unlocked phones in the USA
5. Tried odin but it doesn't detect on my computer (yellow/blue tab) although i can go to download screen
6. Tried to install 4.4.2(omni) /4.1.2 -apply update from ext storage but it fails "e signature verification failed"
7. My phone is not rooted, i cannot enable the USB debug option now as phone settings does not work.

How do i proceed ? Tried this link( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2163284) which says "flash ROM" /"flash gapps" but How? AM i missing something, i am not a developer could you please let me know in a layman's terms?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,420
Faulty firmware is your problem with settings ,

The link you post is not for this phone .

USB debugging is not relevant .

STICKYS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2344125

Odin no connection see multiple identical posts .
Basics are change cable use USB motherboard port install Kies/ USB drivers .
Try another computer clean usb port .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6210classick
Old
Thanks Meter 7
boot the phone into the recovery mode then choose format the phone ( you will lose every thing on your phone except external storage will be untouched but it's the only way now ) you should back up your files weekly

funny thing there is no 4.1.3 only 4.1.2 / 4.2.2 / 4.3 JB

to install a custom rom u must have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or PHILX touch and in order to install a custom recovery you must be rooted

gapps are google apps for any AOSP/AOKP roms only ,, Samsung stock rom doesn't need this

since your warranty has ended long time ago just root the phone already

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6210classick View Post
boot the phone into the recovery mode then choose format the phone ( you will lose every thing on your phone except external storage will be untouched but it's the only way now ) you should back up your files weekly

funny thing there is no 4.1.3 only 4.1.2 / 4.2.2 / 4.3 JB

to install a custom rom u must have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or PHILX touch and in order to install a custom recovery you must be rooted

gapps are google apps for any AOSP/AOKP roms only ,, Samsung stock rom doesn't need this

since your warranty has ended long time ago just root the phone already
?????
Your reply has nothing at all to do with the question posted .

naveenspatil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks!

Perfect JJEgan
I was able to root my device ..will try the next options to recover/install and update this thread.

naveenspatil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Install Aborts

Hi All,
I was able to root the phone and then install CWM , now i tried installing OMNI and Hellkat but it keeps aborting ...could you tell me a better OS -Kit Kat or something else , I am trying from external sd card is that the problem?
I did follow this. tech.gamotech.com/how-to-install-android-4-4-kitkat-on-samsung-galaxy-s3-i9300

naveenspatil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default yipee

hey guys,
thanks a ton, I was able to use odin and install 4.1.2 will see if can move to kitkat asap, I have always had freeze issue which was fixed by xda's fix.

6210classick
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenspatil View Post
hey guys,
thanks a ton, I was able to use odin and install 4.1.2 will see if can move to kitkat asap, I have always had freeze issue which was fixed by xda's fix.
to install any ROM it's recommended that you have the latest RECOVERY installed