5,596,925 Members 48,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9305 new 4.3 stock rom -> rooting -> encryption

Tip us?
 
tko1977
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exclamation [Q] i9305 new 4.3 stock rom -> rooting -> encryption

Hello . sorry im not 100% sure ... So i have to ASK

I want to root my i9305 stock rom 4.3 s3 highest priority is system encryption . ( i use it right now but i wuld turn it of befor i root my s3)

So i read a lot of stuff and now i'm unsure .
Is it possible to root my i9305 and than use the stock Samsung system encryption. ( i dont meen Knox)??
THX in advance
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#2  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 916
Join Date: Dec 2013
Yes u can but I will not recommend it if u flash roms. Alot of problems appear cos of encryption.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
tko1977
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Yes u can but I will not recommend it if u flash roms. Alot of problems appear cos of encryption.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Sure but i don't want to flash 2 Roms a Werk.
I just want to root my phone. And than encrypt it for More security.
So do i need than an other bootloader or will this cause problems with encryption
I can't find any infos via Google. For this case
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#4  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 916
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tko1977 View Post
Sure but i don't want to flash 2 Roms a Werk.
I just want to root my phone. And than encrypt it for More security.
So do i need than an other bootloader or will this cause problems with encryption
I can't find any infos via Google. For this case
It shld not and also. I dun think u can remove encryption after u set it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
tko1977
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
It shld not and also. I dun think u can remove encryption after u set it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Thats the fun part in Samsung phones encryption is removable without resetting it.
Thats why i need confirmation that it is working rooting and encryption on an normal stock rom Form Samsung ????

I cant belive that there is nobody using this setup ! Encryption shut be essential for evry body ?
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#6  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 916
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tko1977 View Post
Thats the fun part in Samsung phones encryption is removable without resetting it.
Thats why i need confirmation that it is working rooting and encryption on an normal stock rom Form Samsung ????

I cant belive that there is nobody using this setup ! Encryption shut be essential for evry body ?
Actually, I seen some ppl encrypt and doesn't see any remove encryption tab...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
tko1977
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Actually, I seen some ppl encrypt and doesn't see any remove encryption tab...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Sorry thats why you cant hell me . u dont encrypt . if u wild u wild know that on Samsung stock Rom it is possible to do that. Sorry but thanks for your help
 
JellyYogurt
Old
#8  
JellyYogurt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 916
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tko1977 View Post
Sorry thats why you cant hell me . u dont encrypt . if u wild u wild know that on Samsung stock Rom it is possible to do that. Sorry but thanks for your help
Btw. See the ss I posted on the other thread. the one u said abt forum for i9300 and i9305

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...