Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Q] i9305 4.3 to 4.4? Is it possible?

26th January 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 169

194 posts
Just did my wife's i9305 today. Moving to cm/omni shouldn't be an issue, however be warned you lose a lot of features like HDMI out and the camera doesn't work as well. I just put the galaxy project ROM on there as the i9305 has the extra GB of ram which keeps stock nice and smooth, also you can debloat if the need be. And if you run into camera issues like I did simply flash stock kernel then reflash rom. Honestly unless you prefer KitKat its a waste of the extra ram your device has as most of it simply will never get used.

Also with wanam xposed you can customize everything! Can't do that with an iPhone. Sorry to hear you have had a bad run but while Samsung's software isn't exactly great the hardware is beast and once you learn how to configure it and unlock its full potential you will see you made the right choice.

i9300 | temasek 4.4.2 | boeffla kernel
26th January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

140 posts
More
Thanks for your reply!
- How worse will the camera get?
- What other important features you know? (HDMI does not really matter to me.)

I do use it a lot, so I don't want to lose everything. (Only use simple picture/HDR modes tho.)
Tried again every kind of combination with Google+ and it's still eating my battery like crazy.

I mean... what the hell is the "Disable" for then? It "almost disables" the app or what? lol.
Last edited by h8Aramex; 26th January 2014 at 05:54 PM.
26th January 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoalinagent

Forgot to quote, sorry. (just quoting you now so you will get a notification, hopefully.)

Thanks for your reply!
- How worse will the camera get?
- What other important features you know? (HDMI does not really matter to me.)

I do use it a lot, so I don't want to lose everything. (Only use simple picture/HDR modes tho.)
Tried again every kind of combination with Google+ and it's still eating my battery like crazy.

I mean... what the hell is the "Disable" for then? It "almost disables" the app or what? lol.
Last edited by h8Aramex; 26th January 2014 at 07:45 PM.
28th January 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8Aramex

Topic solved!

Installed CM without any problem. Everything worked flawless.
Now I have a fast (MUCH faster) phone. And all those god-tier features. Holy sh*t I love my phone now.

(I hate you Samsung.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, i9305, kitkat, rom, s3lte
Previous Thread Next Thread