Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9305- Bricked? Download/Recover modes not possible

Tip us?

ycon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] i9305- Bricked? Download/Recover modes not possible

Hi,

I am stuck on an infinite booting loop. I had the rom (see sig) installed for about 3 months and all worked fine. In the last week, I noticed it kept resetting itself often such as after calls).

I did not change the rom in any way, or add any mods. Randomly today it just switched off.

I can't boot to download mode. I can get to recovery (for a matter of seconds) but then the phone resets itself

When I plug in a charger, it continually shows an empty battery, then flashes back, and again a empty battery icon.

It keeps flashing at the "Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9305" screen as if it keeps trying to boot.

I'm really worried- I don't know what to do to fix this!
Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G (i9305) international (EU) Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.9

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Sounds like the power button is sticking. Try replacing it, or giving it a wiggle.

Report your own post and ask a moderator to move it to the correct forum for you.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

ycon
Old
(Last edited by ycon; 1st July 2014 at 11:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Sounds like the power button is sticking.
Thanks for the suggestion- but that isn't it.

I finally very quickly loaded another rom in the Recovery, and it worked for a minute, then started rebooting!

I did a stock reflash (Odin, stock rom) and it worked for a while the then started rebooting

What is going on? I've unscrewed the back, and jiggled the power button and that isn't a problem

But it looks as if it's turning itself on- as soon as I put the battery in, it turns on
Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G (i9305) international (EU) Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.9