No registration required

[Q] i9305- Bricked? Download/Recover modes not possible

OP ycon

1st July 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

219 posts
Hi,

I am stuck on an infinite booting loop. I had the rom (see sig) installed for about 3 months and all worked fine. In the last week, I noticed it kept resetting itself often such as after calls).

I did not change the rom in any way, or add any mods. Randomly today it just switched off.

I can't boot to download mode. I can get to recovery (for a matter of seconds) but then the phone resets itself

When I plug in a charger, it continually shows an empty battery, then flashes back, and again a empty battery icon.

It keeps flashing at the "Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9305" screen as if it keeps trying to boot.

I'm really worried- I don't know what to do to fix this!
1st July 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 752

3,427 posts
Sounds like the power button is sticking. Try replacing it, or giving it a wiggle.

Report your own post and ask a moderator to move it to the correct forum for you.
1st July 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Sounds like the power button is sticking.

Thanks for the suggestion- but that isn't it.

I finally very quickly loaded another rom in the Recovery, and it worked for a minute, then started rebooting!

I did a stock reflash (Odin, stock rom) and it worked for a while the then started rebooting

What is going on? I've unscrewed the back, and jiggled the power button and that isn't a problem

But it looks as if it's turning itself on- as soon as I put the battery in, it turns on
Last edited by ycon; 1st July 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread