[Q] My i9305 think it's a i9300 after formatting

Tip us?

brynet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] My i9305 think it's a i9300 after formatting

Greetings fellow Earthicans!

I've been roaming these forums for several years now and have been able to fulfill all my custom rom needs by searching, trial and error. I've bricked all my phones at least once but have always managed to make the phone work better than when i first stardet modding it. This time i managed to do something i've never been able to do before and i'm therefor writing my first post here.

Yesterday i did a full wipe/format of everything available in CWM because the internal phone memory was close to full. In the process i managed to erase all my backups, which i thought was fine since i loaded my external sd with most of the custom roms and gapps available on this amazing forum.

However, when i tried to flash either one of the .zip files i get the same message "this package is for "m3", m3xxm i9305, gt - i9305 device; this is a "m0"." Even though i've had both avatar and miui ROM installed a few hour earlier. I was stuck on the boot screen, as so many other times with this and other devices.

So i searched around this forum and google and found out that m0 is the i9300 and my initial thought was "nice, perhaps i can install the custom roms of the i9300 by copying them to my ext sd and install through CWM" Which of course did not work and i realized i had to go back to stock through the download screen

So i downloaded my firmware (4.1.2 and 4.3) from sammobile.com to do a stock reset through odin 3.07. Both firmwares works fine and all of the phones functions work as intended, as far as i know.

I'm currently running 4.3 I9305XXUEMKC_I9305TLAEML1_I9305XXUEMK1_HOME.tar.md 5 without any problem, but would love to be able to run custom ROMs again, but have no clue how to proceed.

I would be eternally thankful if someone know the solution to this problem i've encountered through my irresponsible actions.

/an open-source and android enthusiast

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
This is not i9305 q&a .

in recovery format system sdcard data and cache then boot to download mode and flash the correct stock rom for your phone via Odin .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brynet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
This is not i9305 q&a .

in recovery format system sdcard data and cache then boot to download mode and flash the correct stock rom for your phone via Odin .

Thank you for your reply.

I've checked which of the stock rom to use and have done as you described, i can run the stock rom and currently am.

iIve rooted the phone and installed CWM through odin. When booting into CWM, and clearing as described in all guides, i still get the same error message given in my post above.

Bäcker
Old
Thanks Meter 79
are you sure you do have the right recovery and that this is up to date?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bäcker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]