Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9305 no IMEI

Tip us?

amon293
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] i9305 no IMEI

I'm in big trouble...

I was on Cyanogenmod 10.2 for a long time, but yesterday I choose to upgrade to CM 11. I did a backup in case thing went wrong and did the update. And it did.
After update I've started my phone and I had no service/reception. So I went to restore my backup. I did this a few times so I was pretty safe about it. When I've tried to restore my backup, didn't work. The restore file didn't do anything but it clear the access to CM 11.
After that started a lot of research on the web for solutions.
I already tried to flash the firmware to stock, using the firmware from Sammobile. Now I get the no IMEI error.
I can't find any EFS folder or backup folder. I can only find the EFS folder but it's empty. I've used the Root Explorer to try and find this folder, but can't find it.
I already read some topics about the same problem but I can't find any solution that work for me.

Can you please help me?
Thanks

MOKIAAA
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by amon293 View Post
I'm in big trouble...

I was on Cyanogenmod 10.2 for a long time, but yesterday I choose to upgrade to CM 11. I did a backup in case thing went wrong and did the update. And it did.
After update I've started my phone and I had no service/reception. So I went to restore my backup. I did this a few times so I was pretty safe about it. When I've tried to restore my backup, didn't work. The restore file didn't do anything but it clear the access to CM 11.
After that started a lot of research on the web for solutions.
I already tried to flash the firmware to stock, using the firmware from Sammobile. Now I get the no IMEI error.
I can't find any EFS folder or backup folder. I can only find the EFS folder but it's empty. I've used the Root Explorer to try and find this folder, but can't find it.
I already read some topics about the same problem but I can't find any solution that work for me.

Can you please help me?
Thanks
restore backup.
or
flash previous modem.bin rom . because ur efs ver is v1 .. and u installed rom with new modem.

amon293
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKIAAA View Post
restore backup.
or
flash previous modem.bin rom . because ur efs ver is v1 .. and u installed rom with new modem.
now i can't find my previous backup.

how do i flash that file? I'm not following you on that.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4418
No EFS backup you require a service repair .

Your question has been posted multiple times . Forum rules require you to search before posting .
Google <<< I9300 your search terms > xda

UNDERSTAND FIRST
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362743

Network IMEI EFS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393289

amon293
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
it seams that by using the stock firmware my phone now is unrooted. is this possible?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4418
Quote:
Originally Posted by amon293 View Post
it seams that by using the stock firmware my phone now is unrooted. is this possible?

Yes please read the faqs and guides before this thread is closed .

STICKYS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2344125

UNDERSTAND FIRST
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362743

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2586
Question has been asked and answered multiple times in the threads mentioned.

Thread Closed

A.cid
Forum Moderator

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe