Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS and JB - cf-root is the file for both?

Tip us?
 
shakta
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 95
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default ICS and JB - cf-root is the file for both?

Hello guys,
I tried to figure this out but no luck.

Some Kernels, and other downloads (Roms, Recoveries etc) are depends on your Android version (GB, ICS, JB, KK).

What about cf root?
I have i9300, running 4.3

CF-ROOT for ICS and for JB, are the same?
 
JJEgan
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,421
Posts: 23,044
Join Date: Oct 2010
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1695238

CF root stopped development a long time ago .
 
shakta
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 95
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1695238

CF root stopped development a long time ago .
It says that CF-Auto-Root still has development.

Anyway - Can you explain me how I can be sure which Root belongs to my device?
 
JJEgan
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,421
Posts: 23,044
Join Date: Oct 2010
You asked cf root not cf autoroot i answered .
Read the thread for the root method you want to use ,
 
shakta
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 95
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
You asked cf root not cf autoroot i answered .
Read the thread for the root method you want to use ,
JJEgan - I am not sure if you here in XDA to help people, or just to talk BLABLA.

But my question was pretty clear, and you just tell me what not, and some other "non matter" stuff.

I read all CF-Auto-Root thread, but it does not say if the CF-Auto-Root works with KK, JB, or ICS.
Or it works with all i9300?

If anyone knows the answer I will appriciate that! (JJEgan - Thanks but you are not helping)
 
wangdaning
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 277
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakta View Post
JJEgan - I am not sure if you here in XDA to help people, or just to talk BLABLA.

But my question was pretty clear, and you just tell me what not, and some other "non matter" stuff.

I read all CF-Auto-Root thread, but it does not say if the CF-Auto-Root works with KK, JB, or ICS.
Or it works with all i9300?

If anyone knows the answer I will appriciate that! (JJEgan - Thanks but you are not helping)
I have used it on ICS and JB. There is no GB for our device and no official KK. KK roms at the moment will come pre-rooted. If and when we get official KK we will know if it works
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more