Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 46,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS Stock + NO IMEI + Eternal Safe Mode

Tip us?

carlosdjr200
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ICS Stock + NO IMEI + Eternal Safe Mode

Hi, im havin issues with my phone for a month now, aparently it have some kind of damage on the logical main board so it dosn't get out of safe mode (cause the volume down isn't working) with anything but donwgrading it to ICS 4.0.4.

The only way i can get it out of safe mode was installing that version of android, but when i do so the phone loses the imei, when i flash again JB it recover the imei and have sucessful conection.

I tried this: install JB, back up the efs (with philz touch recovery and it creates a .tar file), then flashed again ICS and tried to custom backup with philz the .tar previously created with JB. ... It dons't work and this is driving me crazy

Please help, I know it sounds like a simple question and the answer seens to be, upgrade android version, but i canno't do that because of the safe mode problem, i can take use ICS as a solution instead of have a S3 with only messages and calls..

PD: is there any custom rom that disables safe mode from the code of the version itself?, i'm certain about the posibility of disable safe mode trough softwre but i think this may be done in the base band or the rom itself.

Please help me, the change of a logical mainboard is 7mil bs when the phone cost me 8mil bs and buy a replacement online isn't an option because whe have monetary exchange control and can't buy $$$ freely.

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdjr200 View Post
Hi, im havin issues with my phone for a month now, aparently it have some kind of damage on the logical main board so it dosn't get out of safe mode (cause the volume down isn't working) with anything but donwgrading it to ICS 4.0.4.

The only way i can get it out of safe mode was installing that version of android, but when i do so the phone loses the imei, when i flash again JB it recover the imei and have sucessful conection.

I tried this: install JB, back up the efs (with philz touch recovery and it creates a .tar file), then flashed again ICS and tried to custom backup with philz the .tar previously created with JB. ... It dons't work and this is driving me crazy

Please help, I know it sounds like a simple question and the answer seens to be, upgrade android version, but i canno't do that because of the safe mode problem, i can take use ICS as a solution instead of have a S3 with only messages and calls..

PD: is there any custom rom that disables safe mode from the code of the version itself?, i'm certain about the posibility of disable safe mode trough softwre but i think this may be done in the base band or the rom itself.

Please help me, the change of a logical mainboard is 7mil bs when the phone cost me 8mil bs and buy a replacement online isn't an option because whe have monetary exchange control and can't buy $$$ freely.
Discussed in this sticky and terminal emulator commands and how to get out of safe mode... >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393289 <<

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

carlosdjr200
Old
(Last edited by carlosdjr200; 12th February 2014 at 03:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
sorry but that treadh don't mention safe mode anywhere, if you are refering to factory mode thath's a totally different thing.

is not my intention to be rude, but everyone thinks that we post here without read anything before, believe i have read a lot, i even get my phone to the technical support and he can't fix this.. i just don't want to have a 400$ brick

EDIT: so i can't use the efs back up of JB in ICS? ok so i'm sc...w ?? the only way of get out of "safe mode" is being on ICS ..

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10762

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Please refer to ,and post in the stickies in the General section.

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe