Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Insane battery problems

Tip us?

ExperimentalHDX
Old
(Last edited by ExperimentalHDX; 12th June 2014 at 11:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC View Post
You can also visit a local mobile store that sells genuine goods and buy a battery.

If the port got damaged too soon, then maybe the guy didn't repair it properly.
Ah ok, I have a few stores in mind, I'll do that then.

When I bring my phone back to him I hope he does repair it properly, issues I've been having have caused so much disruption.

On a side note, I put my phone to charge and it started off at 1000mA, within a few minutes it went down to 800mA, a few seconds later (basically as I've been writing this message it's gone down to 300mA... Is this normal? I only started using a current monitoring app since my problems started, so the currents I was getting before prior to the issues are unknown.

EDIT: Nope. Not normal. Charger connected: 100mA. Phone is discharging at 1% every few minutes & feels like it's about to spontaneously combust.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperimentalHDX View Post
Ah ok, I have a few stores in mind, I'll do that then.

When I bring my phone back to him I hope he does repair it properly, issues I've been having have caused so much disruption.

On a side note, I put my phone to charge and it started off at 1000mA, within a few minutes it went down to 800mA, a few seconds later (basically as I've been writing this message it's gone down to 300mA... Is this normal? I only started using a current monitoring app since my problems started, so the currents I was getting before prior to the issues are unknown.

EDIT: Nope. Not normal. Charger connected: 100mA. Phone is discharging at 1% every few minutes & feels like it's about to spontaneously combust.

Battery's definitely gone mate.

If your phone supports NFC, you can use that to check if the battery's genuine or not. Original replacements have embedded NFC.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC

sseennoonn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
only drop in mAh was when i buyed 2 m cable from ebay (dont do that) for charging ..and it didn't work ...but now i bought hama 1.8m cable and it works flawlessly....i use galaxy current to see how many mAh phone gets but ...you sould definetly buy a new battery ...it could damage your phone

ExperimentalHDX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Battery's definitely gone mate.

If your phone supports NFC, you can use that to check if the battery's genuine or not. Original replacements have embedded NFC.
Ah, that's handy. I'll look around for some genuine batteries and then use the NFC to double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseennoonn View Post
only drop in mAh was when i buyed 2 m cable from ebay (dont do that) for charging ..and it didn't work ...but now i bought hama 1.8m cable and it works flawlessly....i use galaxy current to see how many mAh phone gets but ...you sould definetly buy a new battery ...it could damage your phone
Yeah I will do. I just need to find one.

Amir4Life
Old
(Last edited by Amir4Life; 14th June 2014 at 06:57 PM.) Reason: grammar error
Thanks Meter 3
Default Stweaks tweak might help

Hey OP, if you're on a custom ROM, i used to have same issues, the mA changes a lot, i had this STweaks App, it supports my kernel, i went to that MISC tab and checked box : Ignore unstable power sources; since then , i'm always on 1000 mA on wall and 899 mA on USB. Give it a try GL
The Following User Says Thank You to Amir4Life For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ExperimentalHDX
Old
(Last edited by ExperimentalHDX; 14th June 2014 at 07:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir4Life View Post
Hey OP, if you're on a custom ROM, i used to have same issues, the mA changes a lot, i had this STweaks App, it supports my kernel, i went to that MISC tab and checked box : Ignore unstable power sources; since then , i'm always on 1000 mA on wall and 899 mA on USB. Give it a try GL
Yeah I'm using Resurrection Remix, I'm going to try that right now. I hope it works!

EDIT: It doesn't support my kernel

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperimentalHDX View Post
Yeah I'm using Resurrection Remix, I'm going to try that right now. I hope it works!

EDIT: It doesn't support my kernel

You need googymax2 kernel or boeffla.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorMC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ExperimentalHDX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I'm not familiar with kernels, I don't think I've ever messed around with them. I assume they can be downloaded and flashed like a rom or zip?

ExperimentalHDX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir4Life View Post
IT WORKS! Finally! I can charge my phone and use it again! I'm still going to get a new battery as my phone is still extremely hot. I downloaded the latest version of googymax2, backed up my phone, flashed it, done what I had to do in the misc section and here I am with a rock solid 1000mA.

I'm very grateful for the replies in this thread, much appreciated, thanks a lot guys!

Quote: