I've read whatever I could find about the subject, but the fear of bricking my device led me to open up a new thread;
I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything (I cant post on the development thread).
So, I have a galaxy S3 I9300XXUGNA8 4.3, and I want to wipe it clean, root it, and install "resurrection remix" rom.
From what i thought I understand, I can do that by
1. factory reset
2. root it by following: cant post urls. google "Root I9300XXUGNA8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Running on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300- Simple Tutorial"
3. install the rom using the instructions here (cant post urls): (youtube) watch?v=ROoHyHVIzl8
my questions are:
1. In the installation instructions in the main development thread it says: - Make sure you are either on any KitKat ROM (CM11, etc) or on 4.2.2 TW based ROM and NOT on 4.1.2 TW based ROM.
as stated, my JB is 4.3, and it says nothing about it; am I safe to continue, or am I not suppose to install this rom?
2. the video instructions (number 3 above) is meant for note 2; can i apply them to my device and just choose, "galaxy s3 i9300", or should i follow a different set of rules altogether?
3. should I "factory reset" before I start rooting, or can I do that as part of the rom installation (I want to start clean, and have a back up for everything else)?
Thank you for your kind help, energy and time. it is very much appreciated!!