How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cant install any ROM on my Phone or even perform a Nandroid Backup

OP jheayahr

27th May 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
More
Ive tried installing the 4.4.2 ROM Achidroid N7000 on my phone using TWRP but it skipped the MD5 check and said "Installation failed/aborted....". I then tried an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM but it said the same error message. After that, I gave up and tried to use the phone. When it booted up, it froze on the Samsung logo and wouldnt boot up completely. Ive tried doing a FDR through the custom recoveries but still the same thing happens. I really dont know what to do. I have an i9300 under 4.3.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
27th May 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 727

3,318 posts
Follow the guide in general forum on how to flash a stock firmware, download the latest one for your country from sammobile.com.

Factory reset after flashing in recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
27th May 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,077 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheayahr

Ive tried installing the 4.4.2 ROM Achidroid N7000 on my phone using TWRP but it skipped the MD5 check and said "Installation failed/aborted....". I then tried an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM but it said the same error message. After that, I gave up and tried to use the phone. When it booted up, it froze on the Samsung logo and wouldnt boot up completely. Ive tried doing a FDR through the custom recoveries but still the same thing happens. I really dont know what to do. I have an i9300 under 4.3.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I dun think archi developed any rom for the N7000. At least I didn't see any when googling. But if you flashed a N7000 rom on ur phone, even if u finally unbrick it, I bet there will be some hardware issues.
27th May 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag City of oranges
Thanks Meter: 354

747 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt

I dun think archi developed any rom for the N7000. At least I didn't see any when googling. But if you flashed a N7000 rom on ur phone, even if u finally unbrick it, I bet there will be some hardware issues.

That should be a typo its n7100 which is the port for our s3 from international note 2

Sent from my GT-i9300
27th May 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,077 posts
The first page alr said tat the rom is VERY buggy and is in the experimental state. Many things are not working in tat rom. So I have no idea why some one would wan it as their daily driver rom.
28th May 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
More
Thumbs up Issue Solved
Thank you guys. I was able to flash the ROM properly using PHILZ recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread