Post Reply

[Q] Installed a CWM 6.0.3 but having issues to upgrade or uninstall

22nd March 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
I've installed CVM 6.0.3 and tried to make a recovery but had some issues so i tried to upgrade to 6.0.3 or even uninstall it but i couldn't find anything helpful
I've tried using Odin to install CVM 6.0.4 in order to overwrite the old one but it didn't work well
Any ideas about what did i do wrong ??
Thanks in Advance
22nd March 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #2  
kunal1540's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag City of oranges
Thanks Meter: 352
 
744 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.D.O

I've installed CVM 6.0.3 and tried to make a recovery but had some issues so i tried to upgrade to 6.0.3 or even uninstall it but i couldn't find anything helpful
I've tried using Odin to install CVM 6.0.4 in order to overwrite the old one but it didn't work well
Any ideas about what did i do wrong ??
Thanks in Advance

There are zip files for newer recoveries.. My personal favorite is Phil's touch... Just download the file and flash it through your current recovery... And then reboot recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to kunal1540 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1540

There are zip files for newer recoveries.. My personal favorite is Phil's touch... Just download the file and flash it through your current recovery... And then reboot recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Does that mean that i need to be rooted ?? because i'm not and i'm not intending to do it now
22nd March 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
PAYload1976.dl's Avatar
Member
Flag Ängelholm, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 17
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
no need for root. download new recovery as an zip (Philz is an good choice, find his tread here on xda) and reboot into recovery. Flash new recovery zip just like any other zip. Reboot and voila... all done
22nd March 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #5  
Jumaqidi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 187
 
1,075 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYload1976.dl

no need for root. download new recovery as an zip (Philz is an good choice, find his tread here on xda) and reboot into recovery. Flash new recovery zip just like any other zip. Reboot and voila... all done

U nid root to flash custom recoveries ._.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
23rd March 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #6  
PAYload1976.dl's Avatar
Member
Flag Ängelholm, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 17
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt

U nid root to flash custom recoveries ._.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

no need for root when u flash your first custom recovery using odin
23rd March 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #7  
Jumaqidi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 187
 
1,075 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYload1976.dl

no need for root when u flash your first custom recovery using odin

Easier to flash thru recovery. And with root, u can do much more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
23rd March 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #8  
PAYload1976.dl's Avatar
Member
Flag Ängelholm, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 17
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt

Easier to flash thru recovery. And with root, u can do much more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Ofcourse, but u said that one need root to flash custom recovery which isn't true.
23rd March 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #9  
Jumaqidi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 187
 
1,075 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYload1976.dl

Ofcourse, but u said that one need root to flash custom recovery which isn't true.

My mistake then. I dun use odin so yep.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes