Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Besides EFS backup what else?

Tip us?
 
UD3R
Old
(Last edited by UD3R; 28th June 2014 at 01:08 PM.)
#1  
UD3R's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2011
Question [Q] Besides EFS backup what else?

Before Installing Recovery / Rom what should be backed up (except personal data) ?
I heard EFS should be backed up and made into several copies.
 
Darkened_Sky
Old
#2  
Darkened_Sky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD3R View Post
Before Installing Recovery / Rom what should be backed up (except personal data) ?
I heard EFS should be backed up and made into several copies.
you are right.
First thing after root = backup your efs folder
Then after you got a custom recovery, making a nandroid backup is always a good idea.
and yes personal data is also good to be saved.
in addition i highly suggest you to read the stickies
after that happy flashing
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 Pepple Blue
Kernel: arter97 dualboot/f2fs kernel
File system: /data on F2FS
Recovery: arter97 f2fs enabled philz touch
1st Rom: Temasek's unofficial cm11
2nd Rom: Archidroid 1.X sammy 4.3 based
 
UD3R
Old
#3  
UD3R's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
you are right.
First thing after root = backup your efs folder
Then after you got a custom recovery, making a nandroid backup is always a good idea.
and yes personal data is also good to be saved.
in addition i highly suggest you to read the stickies
after that happy flashing
Well I rooted the device.
Used kTool(Verification screenshot: http://oi57.tinypic.com/s2gl01.jpg) to backup the EFS, got two files: efs.IMG & efs.tar.gz one is 20MB the other is 0KB this is normal? Cause the verification said there's an error of some sort..
I have SuperSU as Root controller, this ok?
 
Darkened_Sky
Old
#4  
Darkened_Sky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD3R View Post
Well I rooted the device.
Used kTool(Verification screenshot: http://oi57.tinypic.com/s2gl01.jpg) to backup the EFS, got two files: efs.IMG & efs.tar.gz one is 20MB the other is 0KB this is normal? Cause the verification said there's an error of some sort..
I have SuperSU as Root controller, this ok?
i suggest you to use philz touch as custom recovery and make an efs backup within the recovery...
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 Pepple Blue
Kernel: arter97 dualboot/f2fs kernel
File system: /data on F2FS
Recovery: arter97 f2fs enabled philz touch
1st Rom: Temasek's unofficial cm11
2nd Rom: Archidroid 1.X sammy 4.3 based
 
UD3R
Old
#5  
UD3R's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
i suggest you to use philz touch as custom recovery and make an efs backup within the recovery...
Last time I did that somehow ****ed my phone up.. Not going to try. Also last time I lost my IMEI & Serial using the backup that I made via kTool restored it properly!

* All of the above was on the previous Motherboard! *
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes