XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't see internal sd card files after installing slimbean rom

Tip us?

peshay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't see internal sd card files after installing slimbean rom

I just installed Slimbean for the S3 i9300 (based on 4.3 android) coming from Ultima rom 15. The Rom is fantastic but I cannot see any of my files which were stored on my internal sd card. This means no access to backups! I can however see the folders and zip files from CWM. Also, when I check storage from settings, it is showing only 5.14 GB out of total 25.57.

So, I am sure the files are all there but not visible anywhere. Tried ES and Astro Explorer and searched all over.

I had done a complete wipe - cache, dalvik cache, format system and format data as suggested on the rom page.

Searched all over the net for a solution but no luck!

suyash1629
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by peshay View Post
I just installed Slimbean for the S3 i9300 (based on 4.3 android) coming from Ultima rom 15. The Rom is fantastic but I cannot see any of my files which were stored on my internal sd card. This means no access to backups! I can however see the folders and zip files from CWM. Also, when I check storage from settings, it is showing only 5.14 GB out of total 25.57.

So, I am sure the files are all there but not visible anywhere. Tried ES and Astro Explorer and searched all over.

I had done a complete wipe - cache, dalvik cache, format system and format data as suggested on the rom page.

Searched all over the net for a solution but no luck!
Sorry its a rom issue that its not giving access to the storage card, wait for some new build that arrive in ROM thread, if still the problem presists with some new builds than probably you might have to change the ROM..
The Following User Says Thank You to suyash1629 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peshay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Suyash1629

I dug a bit deeper and searched in different angles to come across this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506982

It turns out that if you are "upgrading" to 4.3+ then you have to format your internal sd card. This can be easily missed as we normally flash roms without having to do that.

And not sure if it is related but after installing the slimbean 4.3 it seemed I lost root. SuperSu was asking to update binaries (?).

After all that I just reinstalled ultima rom - after which my internal sd card is again accessible and root is back. Will do more research before moving to 4.3.

chrismast
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Thanks Suyash1629

I dug a bit deeper and searched in different angles to come across this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506982

It turns out that if you are "upgrading" to 4.3+ then you have to format your internal sd card. This can be easily missed as we normally flash roms without having to do that.

And not sure if it is related but after installing the slimbean 4.3 it seemed I lost root. SuperSu was asking to update binaries (?).

After all that I just reinstalled ultima rom - after which my internal sd card is again accessible and root is back. Will do more research before moving to 4.3.
I did not have a single issue with moving to 4.3. Did a mega wipe and installed the he rom (also slim) anything worked. Did you do a full wipe and manual system format as said in the instructions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Galaxy S III (I9300T)
Rooted - Radio: I9300TDUELL2 - PhilZ Touch Recovery - Kernel: Googy-Max
ROM: Slim Bean 4.3

Nexus 7 2013
Stock ROM - Not Rooted (lets see how long )

HTC Desire (A8181)
Hboot: Stock | Rooted & S-OFF
Rom: ICS Beta 0.15.0.1 | Radio: 5.17.05.23 | Kernel: Tiamat | Recovery: 4ExtRecovery Touch

peshay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast View Post
I did not have a single issue with moving to 4.3. Did a mega wipe and installed the he rom (also slim) anything worked. Did you do a full wipe and manual system format as said in the instructions?

I did all the wipes from what I remember including formatting system and data. Only left out formatting the sd card - did you do this as well?

Doesn't the new rom also get deleted then?

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 169
As from 4.2 onwards, the file system directories got changed. Whatever file system on 4.1 will be neglected in the storage count in system. It is different from 4.1 and below. There is a forum link tat will teach u how to solve this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrismast
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
I did all the wipes from what I remember including formatting system and data. Only left out formatting the sd card - did you do this as well?

Doesn't the new rom also get deleted then?
Usually I do a mega wipe before every major rom version which will delete anything but the external SD on which I got the rom zip and flash it right after mega wipe.

As said before, also the folder structure got changed in the new Android versions which you might know already (sdcard0 etc).

Galaxy S III (I9300T)
Rooted - Radio: I9300TDUELL2 - PhilZ Touch Recovery - Kernel: Googy-Max
ROM: Slim Bean 4.3

Nexus 7 2013
Stock ROM - Not Rooted (lets see how long )

HTC Desire (A8181)
Hboot: Stock | Rooted & S-OFF
Rom: ICS Beta 0.15.0.1 | Radio: 5.17.05.23 | Kernel: Tiamat | Recovery: 4ExtRecovery Touch

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismast View Post
Usually I do a mega wipe before every major rom version which will delete anything but the external SD on which I got the rom zip and flash it right after mega wipe.

As said before, also the folder structure got changed in the new Android versions which you might know already (sdcard0 etc).

Yep it did. Starting from 4.2 onwards. The folder directories will be different. So just follow the link i gave previously. I did tat when i flashed a 4.3 rom and it worked.

Sent from my GT-I9300