FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Issues with 4.3 on S3

12th January 2014, 08:18 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi there,

I have a rooted International version of S3. I recently saw that sammobiles posted the 4.3 version update for S3. So I went ahead and dowloaded the same. I installed the updates using odin Iniitially everything seemed fine. But on closer look I noticed that several options were either missing or greyed out. For eg: The option to add widgets to my home screen is greyed out.
Also when I go to about device tab I can see that the Android version which mentions 4.3 is greyed out.

Could you please help me enable these. Because I am pretty sure I downloaded the right version and installed the updates correctly too.

Thanks in advance !!
 
 
12th January 2014, 08:29 AM |#2  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 808
 
More
Download the full stock rom, not just an update. Check the md5 of your download. Do a full wipe, including format internal sd card then reflash. Factory reset from recovery, before first boot, then test before you install/restore any apps or mods.
12th January 2014, 08:34 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Download the full stock rom, not just an update. Check the md5 of your download. Do a full wipe, including format internal sd card then reflash. Factory reset from recovery, before first boot, then test before you install/restore any apps or mods.

Hey boomboomer,

I think I downloaded the entire stock rom as the md5 was like 1.5 gigs. Also could you let me know how to do a factory reset before moving forward?
12th January 2014, 08:44 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper35ninr

Hey boomboomer,

I think I downloaded the entire stock rom as the md5 was like 1.5 gigs. Also could you let me know how to do a factory reset before moving forward?

OK, let me narrow down my issue. My main issue is that the " Lock Screen Widget " option that we see under "My Device" is greyed out. How can I activate that. Please help as this is one of the major attractions that made me update my android version.
12th January 2014, 11:07 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper35ninr

OK, let me narrow down my issue. My main issue is that the " Lock Screen Widget " option that we see under "My Device" is greyed out. How can I activate that. Please help as this is one of the major attractions that made me update my android version.

Hey I found it. It seems in order to add multiple widgets to the lock screen you need to have your home screen on standard mode rather than on dynamic mode.
13th January 2014, 12:57 AM |#6  
rivhudson's Avatar
Member
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
wipe data..its work dude.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes