Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] issues with Probam v1.2.3 KitKat 4.4.2 for S3

Tip us?

ajaymath
Old
(Last edited by ajaymath; 5th February 2014 at 04:57 AM.) Reason: SOLVED. Only video recording issue now.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Cool [Q] issues with Probam v1.2.3 KitKat 4.4.2 for S3

So I searched quite a bit for other people facing the same issues as me but unfortunately I couldn't find anyone. Anyway, I was using Probam v1.2.2 earlier without any major issues, but as soon as I updated to v1.2.3 I ran into a few issues.
1) my extSD was not being read. It would show up on my recovery but within the it detects my SD card when I remove and re enter but it doesn't show any of the files in the card . es file explorer doesn't even know the existence of such a card in my phone.
2) my audio jack no longer responds. Again, the phone detects it but I don't hear music from it. I tried different earphones.
3) snapchat's video camera feature doesn't work.
4) camera app still force closes at times.
5) gallery force closes
6) split view goes cranky at times.

Just wanted to know if any of you have any of the above mentioned issues..hopefully they will be fixes in the forthcoming updates so yay

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaymath View Post
So I searched quite a bit for other people facing the same issues as me but unfortunately I couldn't find anyone. Anyway, I was using Probam v1.2.2 earlier without any major issues, but as soon as I updated to v1.2.3 I ran into a few issues.
1) my extSD was not being read. It would show up on my recovery but within the it detects my SD card when I remove and re enter but it doesn't show any of the files in the card . es file explorer doesn't even know the existence of such a card in my phone.
2) my audio jack no longer responds. Again, the phone detects it but I don't hear music from it. I tried different earphones.
3) snapchat's video camera feature doesn't work.
4) camera app still force closes at times.
5) gallery force closes
6) split view goes cranky at times.

Just wanted to know if any of you have any of the above mentioned issues..hopefully they will be fixes in the forthcoming updates so yay
Did you do a full wipe? I have same rom and have none of the issue's above (not what you want to hear I know ) When I say do a full wipe this means formatting system data etc not just wiping.. I use Philz recovery and it has a option to install a new rom and does all the correct wiping for you it as never let me down yet.

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

ajaymath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Okay that's weird. I did :S I think I'll backup again and try once more. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaymath View Post
Okay that's weird. I did :S I think I'll backup again and try once more. Thanks

Yep re-flash should work just checked video on snapchat only recording 5 secs instead of 15 but still works..If problems persist wait for update, also I'm using kernel that came with the rom not one of the others that are about that could be your problem.

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

ajaymath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Didn't work for me :/ I guess I'll wait for the next update.

Innovator91
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question bootloop 1.2.4

Im really positive about my experience with this rom, but since I have updated to 1.2.4 I experience restarting and going in to bootloop..?? sometimes it restart suddenly and else i have to manage a battery pull to get rid of the bootloop, and sometimes that doesn't even work..
Does anybody have this problem too or is my phone getting old

ajaymath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [solved]

With the probam v1.2.5 update all my issues have been fixed. This is a great KitKat ROM! The most stable one with customization out there for s3. Only bug I've found is that apps FC when I open in multi window sometimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajaymath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]