5,606,297 Members 32,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i've read everything i can find but i can't solve this problem

Tip us?

plctech
Old
(Last edited by plctech; 1st January 2014 at 11:52 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] i've read everything i can find but i can't solve this problem

how can i sort this problem. CSC:LL2 (XXX)

i've checked the csc on the phone and its O2U

I restored the phone via kies using firmware upgrade and initialization

that didn't help so i installed recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.3.2-GTI9300 via odin, factory reset phone, cleared cache, wiped delvik file then to make extra sure i went in and wiped everything one at a time, sd card ext sd card, preload ect... then used kies again to restore phone and still the same problem.

please don't just reply saying read all the other threads on the same subject.... i have.

many thanks

lee

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 562
Kies has decided your phone csc doesn't match the update.

I've never used kies so can't help solve problems with it, apart from recommend you uninstall it.

If your csc has really changed, I've read that the 4.3 update can cause this, then you can download the full rom for your country from sammobile. Check the md5 then flash using odin (remove kies first), factory reset from recovery and the csc will then be set.

CSC is pretty useless for most people, it just seems to complicate Samsung issues.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

plctech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I've done everything you have recomended apart from removing kies first. I have downloaded every O2U rom from kies from 4.0.4 upto the latest 4.1.2 and I've backed up the efs file for every rom as I've updated via odin. I don't usually update via kies but I just wanted to try and get everything back to stock

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 562
Doing what I've suggested will put the phone to completely stock, apart from your flash counter which you've increased by flashing a custom recovery.

If you want to reset this as well then follow the guide in general forum, sticky threads.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
The only definite way is for you to flash back your original saved rom .
Alternative would be under search Kies Emergency Recovery .

plctech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
The only definite way is for you to flash back your original saved rom .
Alternative would be under search Kies Emergency Recovery .
i've gone back to an O2U rom and i have managed to update to the latest version using ota update but kies is still showing the (xxx) problem

i've wiped the counter with triangle away and unrooted the phone so it is now totally stock.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Totally stock and correct registry entries ???.
Suggest you find the Kies forum some place on the web or try a Samsung forum .

plctech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Totally stock and correct registry entries ???.
Suggest you find the Kies forum some place on the web or try a Samsung forum .
one bit of info i forgot to add.

if i flash a new rom the imei and sn numbers stay correct but if i try and put the efs file back it doesn't work, but if i reset the imei number and sn number with my nspro box i can then install the efs file and it works.