5,604,367 Members 48,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Jellybean 4.3+CF Rooting but wrecked Rights???

Tip us?

kuraigu
Old
(Last edited by kuraigu; 11th January 2014 at 03:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Jellybean 4.3+CF Rooting but wrecked Rights???

hello world!

i've been using my gt-i9300 since one year now. back then i've rooted it right away with an already rooted firmware or stock firmware.
can't remember anymore. the file was: I9300XXDLIH_I9300EPLDLJ1_I9300XXDLID_HOME.tar.md5

i hadn't had any problems. even had cwm and stuff on it.

a few days ago i've flashed this firmware onto my cellphone: I9300XXUGMK6_I9300DBTGMK2_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md 5
and after testing if all went ok i've figured out that some apps had trouble opening itself.
i've then flashed chainfire's CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md but still the problem remained.

firefox, dropbox, drweb light and a few others had problems running. so i've uninstalled firefox and drweb, reinstalled them
and the ran again.

then i thought "whynot copy the files from internal storage to the external" .. ive tried that and copied the stuff back into
the phone and the apps ran again.

so my question now is, what have i done wrong or why were there right problems or what is it that the apps
get fixed after copying them from and to the internal cellphone storage?

besides that, cf's superuser hasn't been flashed directly. i had to install it.

done the firmware/cf flash/install procedure twice and both times i had to install the stuff manually.

it's rooted now and the trick with copying the apps fixes the halting problem. but what is the real problem?

and another question i have "insane chip? YES" .. i thought samsung fixed this bug?

cheers!

kuraigu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
can anyone please help?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
and another question i have "insane chip? YES" .. i thought samsung fixed this bug?

Says you have the chip no more and no less .
Please read the SDS sticky for information .

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 561
You didn't factory reset before flashing 4.3. Do it now, reflash again and test before installing/restoring any apps or mods.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

kuraigu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
You didn't factory reset before flashing 4.3. Do it now, reflash again and test before installing/restoring any apps or mods.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
that'll mean i'd lose all my stuff and so??
arg..