Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Llama Root Access

Tip us?

commandonz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Was this issue ever resolved? I'm getting the same problem.

Warthog01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default LLama Root access

No, never resolved and I'm still getting the message.

commandonz
Old
(Last edited by commandonz; 24th April 2014 at 12:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog01 View Post
No, never resolved and I'm still getting the message.
I ran Llama fine on 4.2.2 stock for a year or so. When I switched to 4.4.2 WanamLite (stock less Knox) I started getting the message. I got SuperSU pro to enable logging.

My morning action turns airplane mode off, turns sync on, turns wifi on, then runs a bunch of things like facebook, email, etc to sync. I get the exclamation mark and the message at the top of the thread when this runs, or when the similar evening action runs. I'm getting the following log entries when it goes out of airplane mode (in approx these colors). Nothing in supersu says anything about delays.

settings put global airplane_mode_on 0
exit

Warning: App_process has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.

am broadcast
a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE -e llama.sender llama -e state false
exit

Warning: App_process has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.
Boradcasting: Intent (etc).
Broadcast completed: result=0

commandonz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, I have a solution or workaround, but not a full explanation.

It seems permissions and such have changed between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 and Llama isn't compatible, or maybe it's just not possible. The trick is to use the secure settings app, and enable the System+ Module inside it. I think I also made Secure Settings a device admin, just in case, but unsure if that's required. Then go to the compatible apps tab and click llama help for instructions.

Basically, in Llama, instead of using the built in airplane mode commands you add an action "locale plugin", then choose "secure settings", "root actions", then "airplane mode". That lets you turn it on, off, or toggle.

If you purchase secure settings pro (about $1.50, in-app purchase via google play) you get access to a shutdown and reboot command. I can't find any other way to do this - even via a shell where you can usually do it the shutdown/reboot commands don't seem to be there.

Sorted!
The Following User Says Thank You to commandonz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atomb
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Same problem here with a Moto X with root and it shows up as having root access in SuperSu.
Sent from the Tianhe-2 in my closet

commandonz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomb View Post
Same problem here with a Moto X with root and it shows up as having root access in SuperSu.
Did you read the solution, one post up from yours on page 2?

burnout
Old
(Last edited by burnout; 13th May 2014 at 10:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandonz View Post
Ok, I have a solution or workaround, but not a full explanation.

It seems permissions and such have changed between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 and Llama isn't compatible, or maybe it's just not possible. The trick is to use the secure settings app, and enable the System+ Module inside it. I think I also made Secure Settings a device admin, just in case, but unsure if that's required. Then go to the compatible apps tab and click llama help for instructions.

Basically, in Llama, instead of using the built in airplane mode commands you add an action "locale plugin", then choose "secure settings", "root actions", then "airplane mode". That lets you turn it on, off, or toggle.

If you purchase secure settings pro (about $1.50, in-app purchase via google play) you get access to a shutdown and reboot command. I can't find any other way to do this - even via a shell where you can usually do it the shutdown/reboot commands don't seem to be there.

Sorted!
Thanks for this solution. Works perfect !
$1.50 is really cheap for that nice app
Galaxy S5 Omega Kernel - Omega 2.1- PhilZ Touch

commandonz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout View Post
Thanks for this solution. Works perfect !
Hit thanks if it helped