True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Post Reply

[Q] A whole load of problems / partition / recovery

OP brambles1234

23rd April 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
I have installed Omnirom version 2.4.3 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and now I have a few problems but I have no idea how to fix them. Basically all my ROM backups were in a folder called clockwork mod but now they are no longer there. Instead they are in /data/media/clockworkmod? I have tried to copy the back up ROMs from this location to my SD card but even though the files are all there. When I go in to recovery Philz Touch and try to install the back up it say no files found?

How can I fix this? Its as if my internal sdcard has been partitioned? How can I get it back to one partition? Any help would be greatly received because I am in a bit of a mess at the moment.
23rd April 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 387
 
1,235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brambles1234

I have installed Omnirom version 2.4.3 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and now I have a few problems but I have no idea how to fix them. Basically all my ROM backups were in a folder called clockwork mod but now they are no longer there. Instead they are in /data/media/clockworkmod? I have tried to copy the back up ROMs from this location to my SD card but even though the files are all there. When I go in to recovery Philz Touch and try to install the back up it say no files found?

How can I fix this? Its as if my internal sdcard has been partitioned? How can I get it back to one partition? Any help would be greatly received because I am in a bit of a mess at the moment.

Read this it explains everything also there is a setting in PhilZ trecovery to change where it looks for backups >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-data-t2274218 <<
23rd April 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

Read this it explains everything also there is a setting in PhilZ trecovery to change where it looks for backups >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-data-t2274218 <<


Thanks for the reply and link tallman. I have read complete thread but there's no mention of how to get Philz Touch recovery to find back ups on separate part of internal SD partition. To be honest its really confusing and I think I'm over my head here. Any help greatly received.
23rd April 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #4  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 387
 
1,235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brambles1234

Thanks for the reply and link tallman. I have read complete thread but there's no mention of how to get Philz Touch recovery to find back ups on separate part of internal SD partition. To be honest its really confusing and I think I'm over my head here. Any help greatly received.

I think you go to Advanced menu and select Sdcard target /data/media not 100% sure I have cwm installed at moment..If not go to his thread and it should tell you..
23rd April 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

I think you go to Advanced menu and select Sdcard target /data/media not 100% sure I have cwm installed at moment..If not go to his thread and it should tell you..




Update:

Sorted now. Long story but its sorted. I wouldn't have been able to sort it out and keep all my files though without your help. Thanks.
Last edited by brambles1234; 23rd April 2014 at 04:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brambles1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
kunal1540's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag City of oranges
Thanks Meter: 360
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by brambles1234

Thanks. I have gone in advance settings, changed path and the Clockworkmod folder shows but when I go to click on any of my nandroid backups it says file not found? maybe I will have to start again.

Do you know the easiest way to completely format the entire phone back to factory settings keeping recovery?

After selecting data/media did you rebooted recovery..
If you did then just check whether the backups exist in your int SD card after booting your rom..

Sent from my GT-I9300
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes