XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lock Screen Grace Period

Tip us?

xuv224
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lock Screen Grace Period

There should be a simple setting that allows setting a time period (say 3 second, 30 seconds, etc.) where if the screen does dark and any button is pressed, the phone is back on Without having to re-enter the PIN.

Who is going to steal the phone during these few seconds?

Its hard to believe that such an advanced phone does not have any grace period on the lock screen. Every time the screen goes dark you have to re-enter you PIN (or other lock) to access it again, even if you press a button 1 second after it goes dark. That is so annoying and old android phones even had this feature. There must have 50000+ times over the last 2 years where I had to re-enter the phone unnecessarily.

Gold_Diesel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv224 View Post
There should be a simple setting that allows setting a time period (say 3 second, 30 seconds, etc.) where if the screen does dark and any button is pressed, the phone is back on Without having to re-enter the PIN.

Who is going to steal the phone during these few seconds?

Its hard to believe that such an advanced phone does not have any grace period on the lock screen. Every time the screen goes dark you have to re-enter you PIN (or other lock) to access it again, even if you press a button 1 second after it goes dark. That is so annoying and old android phones even had this feature. There must have 50000+ times over the last 2 years where I had to re-enter the phone unnecessarily.
I'm pretty sure this exists. In Settings >> Lock Screen, there's a menu called Lock Automatically which allows you to change the length of the grace period.