[Q] Low/misleading storage CM 10.1.3 - How to fully clean i9300

Tip us?

olaszlaszlo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Low/misleading storage CM 10.1.3 - How to fully clean i9300

Hi guys,

I don't how to really ask this but I have been noticing a huge problem (for me) with the CM 10.1.3 . It's the storage, after flashing CM 10.1.3 I noticed I had only 1 GB free out of total internal of 11.35 gigs . So I started browsing forums and everything but still can't find my answer, I checked with File Manager the root folders , and there I can see a bunch of files I thought I wiped before flashing but still there.

The timeline of my ROMs is like this
Stock -> purelook HD -> CM 10.1.3 -> CM 10.2 -> CM 10.1.3 *because I thought reflashing would fix this*

Between ROMS I performed factory reset / cache wipe / and dalvik wipe . Only before 10.1.3 and 10.2 I wiped /folders in mounts and partitions /cache /data /*cant get the name of the third one* .

So my question to you guys is, how could I wipe/delete everything everything so my i9300 will be crystal clean without any leftover files to eat storage and reflash cm 10.1.3 and gapps again and start over fresh .

Please be gentle, I am kind of new and not really familiar with all the terms and expresions about rooting . So if you could answer, please do it step by step for me . Thank you very much in advance !

badaeng
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You probably have heaps of stuff on the internal sdcard. You can wipe this partition from within clockworkmod too, just do a "format sdcard" under mounts and storage. Be aware that this will also delete all pictures and music and alike that is stored on your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to badaeng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by olaszlaszlo View Post
Hi guys,

I don't how to really ask this but I have been noticing a huge problem (for me) with the CM 10.1.3 . It's the storage, after flashing CM 10.1.3 I noticed I had only 1 GB free out of total internal of 11.35 gigs . So I started browsing forums and everything but still can't find my answer, I checked with File Manager the root folders , and there I can see a bunch of files I thought I wiped before flashing but still there.

The timeline of my ROMs is like this
Stock -> purelook HD -> CM 10.1.3 -> CM 10.2 -> CM 10.1.3 *because I thought reflashing would fix this*

Between ROMS I performed factory reset / cache wipe / and dalvik wipe . Only before 10.1.3 and 10.2 I wiped /folders in mounts and partitions /cache /data /*cant get the name of the third one* .

So my question to you guys is, how could I wipe/delete everything everything so my i9300 will be crystal clean without any leftover files to eat storage and reflash cm 10.1.3 and gapps again and start over fresh .

Please be gentle, I am kind of new and not really familiar with all the terms and expresions about rooting . So if you could answer, please do it step by step for me . Thank you very much in advance !
Hi. I believed u flashed to cm 10.1 from a 4.1 rom? From 4.2 onwards, the file structures changed. Follow this link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olaszlaszlo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Hi. I believed u flashed to cm 10.1 from a 4.1 rom? From 4.2 onwards, the file structures changed. Follow this link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.

Thank you everyone, SOLVED the problem with your help !