Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot make phone calls/ send text messages / use data.

OP airbends

14th February 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
My friend asked me to look at this phone that was softbricked and kept going to CWM recovery everytime it was booted. I updated the CWM to the latest touch version via ODIN then formatted the phone clean. Then I flashed 4.3.1 stable AOKP ROM and the GApps. It was fine, everything else was working. I connected the wi-fi, used bluetooth, signed into google account everything was normal and stable. But then I tried calling and it said "no mobile network". Tried sending a text, could not. I went in and searched for network signals then registered to the correct(I AM SURE!) one. Still no luck. Then I let it choose automatically. Nothing. Then I thought maybe installing another ROM will somehow fix it and flashed CyanogenMod 10.2 stable. Still no luck. I searched around for a flashable radio but could not decide if that would fix it because as far as I am aware if the radio wasn't working no wireless connectivity should've been either.

The phone is Samsung Galaxy S III GTI9300 white 16GB (unlocked) and has been here in Nepal with Nepal Telecom Sim since it was bought. I have no Idea how the soft brick happened but I think this guy tried to manually update the phone with a stock firmware during which some **** must've happened.
Can you guys please let me know if this could be fixed?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
14th February 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,401 posts
There are hundreds of identical threads, search and read about efs and imei issues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread