Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Memory full, but of what?

Tip us?

maina19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Memory full, but of what?

I've had the Galaxy S3 for over an year, and actually I'm on CM11. The phone started to give me the "memory full" alert, but if I go into the settings/memory tab, it shows me that only two thirds of the memory are used. It doesn't let me install apps, and I don't know what to do. Picture related, the memory tab.
Have anyone had the same problem? And if yes, how did you manage to recover from it?

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-31-07-09-42.png
Views:	1416
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	2550142  

amirTor
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina19 View Post
I've had the Galaxy S3 for over an year, and actually I'm on CM11. The phone started to give me the "memory full" alert, but if I go into the settings/memory tab, it shows me that only two thirds of the memory are used. It doesn't let me install apps, and I don't know what to do. Picture related, the memory tab.
Have anyone had the same problem? And if yes, how did you manage to recover from it?

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian

You should format your SD card while in recovery mode (i recommend to do so every time you install a new one)
First of all- make sure to have a backup of all your data (internal + external), and the rom's installation files are located in your external sd.

If you have philz recovery, and after doing treditional wipes (new rom, cache & delvik wipes) go to Mounts and Storage-> and format /data and /data/media (/sdcard) (you can also use 'format /preload if you want)