[Q] .:New Method to root Andoid:.

Is this thread useful? Are you in a situation like this?

• Very Useful Thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Useful Thread.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I am in a situation like this.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

superdroidboy

Jan 21, 2014
Hello,
I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300. Bought this device last April. At that time I was completely new to rooting device. I didn't know what to do. I searched online about rooting device, read many post by users in various blogs and threads here in XDA. Then I was very curious to root my device. But even then, though i knew what rooting was and its merits and demerits, i had no idea how to root my device. So I started searching again for an easy and fast way to root my device. Then I came me across the framaroot thread here and thanks to the developer of Framaroot, I was able to root my android safely without any problems. It was a very useful app for beginners who had no idea about rooting.
After few months, I received a firmware update. I had no idea what changes it would bring about in my device. In a hope to find out the new features, I updated the firmware. But sadly, there wasn't any noticeable change. So once again I seeked the help of framaroot to root my device. I was left with an error message and didn't know what to do. Again by searching on Google, I came to know about the OTA update about which I had no idea prior to the firmware update. I realized that the OTA update was a curse to Android rooting and I was left with my boring stock rom without anything. Today again I searched all over the Internet for a very safe and easy method to root my device but couldn't find anything like the framaroot. So here I am kindly requesting, the deveopers to kindly update the already existing methodsor make a new easy method to root android devices so that people new to android can experiment and enjoy root features. Sorry for the long story, thought it might be useful by explaining everything in detail. Hope I have not violated any of the XDA rules. If I did, I apologise for that too but please don't remove this thread. It would be very nice if anyone can find a solution as there are many people in the same situation as I am right now.
Thanking XDA and all the developers for there services.
-superdroidboy

superdroidboy

Jan 21, 2014

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for the post. Nevers seen this before. I will surely try it out. I have heard about odin before but was not confident to use it as I thought it may brick my device. Is there any root apps like Framaroot that can help make the process a lot faster and easier without the use of a computer.

1- Its the fastest and most reliable method I femilliar with- just follow the vid orders step by step (according to your device model), and no harm
should be made (unless you plug out your device in the middle of the process, or using a different model type- but even those can be resolved).

2- No apps that I know. Although i would not recommend it even if I found one- just seems too riksy than using the computer...

Reactions: superdroidboy

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Basically all the OP questions are answered in the faqs and guides .
Root is constantly updated as and when possible but its not a simple question of just making a new one . Read the relevant root threads .

superdroidboy

Jan 21, 2014
Stock recovery

1- Its the fastest and most reliable method I femilliar with- just follow the vid orders step by step (according to your device model), and no harm
should be made (unless you plug out your device in the middle of the process, or using a different model type- but even those can be resolved).

2- No apps that I know. Although i would not recommend it even if I found one- just seems too riksy than using the computer...

Dude, can I use the method given in this thread belo? Is it still working?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1842455

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android

superdroidboy

Jan 21, 2014
Not with stock recovery no!!..But you can flash philz recovery with odin ( I know you say you don't like using it but it is a well tried method) also look at this >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969 <<

Hope I ain't annoying u.
But I saw a kid flashing philz directly using stock on a note 2- N7000 in YouTube.
So I had a doubt whether it's possible in S3 i9300 also.
Thanks a lot for the help. I have only rooted once or twice b4 so I have ver less knownledge about it, so please bare with me :)

Ow and I am going to flash CM 11 directly. So I hope I can proceed with philz according to the above thread.

Last edited:

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hope I ain't annoying u.
But I saw a kid flashing philz directly using stock on a note 2- N7000 in YouTube.
So I had a doubt whether it's possible in S3 i9300 also.
Thanks a lot for the help. I have only rooted once or twice b4 so I have ver less knownledge about it, so please bare with me :)

Ow and I am going to flash CM 11 directly. So I hope I can proceed with philz according to the above thread.

If it was only that easy on S3 would save a lot of trouble :D..yep follow instructions in thread and use PhilZ .tar.md5 not the zip file ;) and if you are flashing CM 11 you do not need to root the rom is already rooted.

superdroidboy

Jan 21, 2014
If it was only that easy on S3 would save a lot of trouble :D..yep follow instructions in thread and use PhilZ .tar.md5 not the zip file ;) and if you are flashing CM 11 you do not need to root the rom is already rooted.

Okieee bro :D
But... again....what is the difference between flashing in odin and recovery? So for any future process I can avoid all these doubts.

Searched online. Couldn't find anything that tells the difference.

Last edited:

superdroidboy

Jan 21, 2014
Without giving you a long explanation you flash custom roms in recovery (.zip files) and stock roms (.tar) in odin and same for recoveries.

Ow ok ok...thats explains a bit :)
Thanks. :) :)

Something is tempting me to try it out. Lol. If it works, i will report it here and it will help other s3 users too. At the same time, something prevents me from doing it. I get a feeling of bricking my device. Then I will have to fix that too

Before I do something like that, can u predict if it may work since the same method worked for the N7000 or can u tell me if have you tried it before? (Please tell me if I am annoying u, it doesn't matter ;) )

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Ow ok ok...thats explains a bit :)
Thanks. :) :)

Something is tempting me to try it out. Lol. If it works, i will report it here and it will help other s3 users too. At the same time, something prevents me from doing it. I get a feeling of bricking my device. Then I will have to fix that too

Before I do something like that, can u predict if it may work since the same method worked for the N7000 or can u tell me if have you tried it before? (Please tell me if I am annoying u, it doesn't matter ;) )

If you mean flashing through stock recovery no!! N7000 a different device :eek: Brick comes to mind I think you need to read the stickies a bit more if you are thinking of doing things like that!!

Top Liked Posts