No registration required

MHL adaptor with HDMI to RCA

OP amolak1999

25th January 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hi,
I am looking to buy a MHL adaptor for my GS3. But I want to display this on a TV with only RCA. If I brought a HDMI to RCA then plugged that into the MHL adaptor would I be able to show my phone screen on the TV?
Thanks in advance
25th January 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 198

486 posts
More
i did this with vga. vga and rca are both analogue signals so you will need . in addition to an adaptor , a converter box to convert the signal from digtal to analogue. also sound will not travel at least not with vga. make sure to get adaptors and converters that have power supplies so your phone can charge while using external monitor. also dont go for the cheapest components they usually dont work or stop working after a very short time. good luck
25th January 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Ahah thanks but thats quite alot to do then if I have to get a digital to analgue converter. Might not be worth it then :/ any more ideas
25th January 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 254

1,067 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just get an hdmi output it would be easier

Swyped from Tapatalk Pro
26th January 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #5  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 198

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0xy

just get an hdmi output it would be easier

swyped from tapatalk pro

his television only has rca.(analog} input .

At some point between phone mhl out and tv rca in.

The signal needs to be converted from digital to analog

there may be an all in one adaptor/converter somewhere. But the standard samsung mhl to hdmi adaptor will not work by itself as it does not convert but merely transfers the digital signal that the analog television can not display..

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolak1999

ahah thanks but thats quite alot to do then if i have to get a digital to analgue converter. Might not be worth it then :/ any more ideas

it really is not that expensive or difficult to do. I even use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard from my old motorola atrix.
Combined with the vga monitor. It is very much worth it. Its like having an additional desktop computer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread