XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MK6 build

Tip us?

samkent6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] MK6 build

1. if i want to go to the MK6 build, which ive heard is stable would i need to download the MK6 build then flash via odin, because isnt the MK6 build just a patch for the MJ9 build?
2. or would i need to download the MJ9 build and then download the MK6 via OTA?
thanks

ag4751
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkent6 View Post
1. if i want to go to the MK6 build, which ive heard is stable would i need to download the MK6 build then flash via odin, because isnt the MK6 build just a patch for the MJ9 build?
2. or would i need to download the MJ9 build and then download the MK6 via OTA?
thanks
Currently you have a few options install MJ9 the update to MK6 OTA or have a look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563562

Search XDA General section for other options
If I have been helpful remember the Thanks button

Read this thread Understand the basics
EFS / IMIE, Factory Mode, No Network Info Here
The ROM Flashing Tool Odin & Guide & Root
Custom recoveries Philz or TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to ag4751 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coolvinz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update error:in tmp/sideload/package.zip

Hi,

Couple of weeks ago, I flashed stock I9300XXUGMJ9 with Odin. Which is working fine with the known bugs of battery drain and screen unlock lag.

Then I wanted to update to I9300XXUGMK6 with your update.zip in stock recovery- But I am getting "error in tmp/sideload/package.zip ". I am confused with so many processes of fixing it. Can anyone suggest a very easy way of fixing this so that I get the update I9300XXUGMK6.

I have placed the update.zip in the external card. And using stock recovery I selected the option : Update from external source". After selecting the file update.zip I get error in tmp/sideload/package.zip (error 7).

Please help with an easier solution if possible without re-flashing with CWM or TW...

Thanks a lot

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 557
If you read the post he directed you to it is clear that a custom recovery is required.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.