Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Mobile network not available

OP Hackjab

2nd June 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
On my Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2mtr) it keeps giving me a "Mobile network not available" error whenever I try and make a call. I can go on the web and social networking apps; download apps. The only thing I can not do is make calls. I looked under settings and saw that "Network Operators" is not available to enter. Any ideas on how to fix this??

EDIT: My IMEI number does in fact show up. Idk what is wrong with this.

EDIT: NEW PROBLEM. I was reading a tutorial about flashing back to stock firmware and it said to downgrade my bootloader. I used the recovery flash method and now I have a black screen. Can't do anything. Turn off, turn on. Just stays black with no response. Someone help fast Please
Last edited by Hackjab; 2nd June 2014 at 08:21 AM.
2nd June 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 103

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackjab

On my Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2mtr) it keeps giving me a "Mobile network not available" error whenever I try and make a call. I can go on the web and social networking apps; download apps. The only thing I can not do is make calls. I looked under settings and saw that "Network Operators" is not available to enter. Any ideas on how to fix this??

EDIT: My IMEI number does in fact show up. Idk what is wrong with this.

EDIT: NEW PROBLEM. I was reading a tutorial about flashing back to stock firmware and it said to downgrade my bootloader. I used the recovery flash method and now I have a black screen. Can't do anything. Turn off, turn on. Just stays black with no response. Someone help fast Please

Can you enter Download mode? Volume down + Home + Power
2nd June 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVat

Can you enter Download mode? Volume down + Home + Power

No sir I can not just stays on a black screen.
2nd June 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 103

156 posts
More
Plug it in your wall charger and leave it for 15-20 minutes to charge. Then retry. Maybe your battery is discharged. I've read similar posts. Good luck!
2nd June 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,397 posts
If you've flashed the wrong bootloader or it went wrong then you have a hard brick. Try a usb jig, but probable you'll need a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

If you've flashed the wrong bootloader or it went wrong then you have a hard brick. Try a usb jig, but probable you'll need a new motherboard.

GAHHHH I was hoping I wouldn't have to hear the words buy Is there NO other possible solution to this?
2nd June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,397 posts
Your original issue had several possible solutions, what you did to it afterward has only the two I mentioned.

2nd June 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
network
Helped a lot!
2nd June 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
U need new motherboard if u cant go to download mod

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
3rd June 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Your original issue had several possible solutions, what you did to it afterward has only the two I mentioned.

So where can I buy a trusted USB Jig from?? Can you link me to one that will be good for me?? Again I got the metro PCS galaxy s3. Thanks for you help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread