TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Network Stuck at 'H' and never drops down to 3G

OP Gold_Diesel

3rd June 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

57 posts
More
I did some searches on this and I can't find anything on this.

I've just noticed that my phone is stuck on 'H' signal, it can scale up to H+ as normal but as soon as the data has finished transmitting it will go back to 3G for a split second before returning to H and staying there. This has happened for a few days. I've noticed that my phone is getting unbearably hot (with a UV CPU and GPU, fully tested, stable) and my battery life is awful.

I've now gone back to a completely stock system, ODIN reflashed the GMK6 update (stock recovery, kernel, modem and ROM - ROM was always stock anyway) and the problem still persists.

I'm going to phone my network in the morning to see if they've done anything in the area or if anyone else is reporting the issue but has anyone else ever witnessed symptoms like this?

More background: I've recently tried ArchiPort 4.4 before going back to stock and I've been using the Devil2 kernel for more than 9 months. In the UK on the Three network, which is 3G only, no 2G.
Last edited by Gold_Diesel; 3rd June 2014 at 05:32 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread