XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No mobile signal or data

Tip us?

Raillery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] No mobile signal or data

Last night I was trying out some different roms using philz touch recovery. Then the backup I made of my daily driver, MIUI, wouldn't restore. I tried doing a custom restore as that has worked in the past when my full backup wouldn't restore. Still wouldn't work. So i tried some other ROMs. Avatar ROM, OSE, and even MIUI were giving me issues, and at some point I lost connectivity I believe. I went to bed with MIUI installed, but not running. Today after not having calls, texting, data, etc. in addition to MIUI repeatedly asking me to set a mobile data cap/limit, then not letting me click on anything when trying to set it, I decided to go back to stock in hopes that it would restore connectivity. I used ODIN to flash a stock from August I had, the file was "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship. tar.md5" which is android 4.1.2. So now I'm back on stock with o root and still no connectivity.

Under status my phone shows Network as "Unknown", Service state as "Out of service", Mobile network state as "Disconnected", Mobile network type as "Unkown" and IMEISV as "00" if that makes any difference.

I'll be re-rooting and probably flashing MIUI again, but how do I get connectivity back?

Thanks so much!

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raillery View Post
Last night I was trying out some different roms using philz touch recovery. Then the backup I made of my daily driver, MIUI, wouldn't restore. I tried doing a custom restore as that has worked in the past when my full backup wouldn't restore. Still wouldn't work. So i tried some other ROMs. Avatar ROM, OSE, and even MIUI were giving me issues, and at some point I lost connectivity I believe. I went to bed with MIUI installed, but not running. Today after not having calls, texting, data, etc. in addition to MIUI repeatedly asking me to set a mobile data cap/limit, then not letting me click on anything when trying to set it, I decided to go back to stock in hopes that it would restore connectivity. I used ODIN to flash a stock from August I had, the file was "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship. tar.md5" which is android 4.1.2. So now I'm back on stock with o root and still no connectivity.

Under status my phone shows Network as "Unknown", Service state as "Out of service", Mobile network state as "Disconnected", Mobile network type as "Unkown" and IMEISV as "00" if that makes any difference.

I'll be re-rooting and probably flashing MIUI again, but how do I get connectivity back?

Thanks so much!
Efs is corrupted. Do u have a back up of ur efs?

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.

Raillery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Efs is corrupted. Do u have a back up of ur efs?

Sent from my GT-I9300.
I don't even know what that is...I made a backup of my IMEI and took all the steps listed in the thread about backing up your IMEI, I think it may have been stickied awhile back.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raillery View Post
I don't even know what that is...I made a backup of my IMEI and took all the steps listed in the thread about backing up your IMEI, I think it may have been stickied awhile back.
Restore the back up u made.

Sent from my GT-I9300.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9226

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Please refer to the stickies in General before posting.

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe