Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Modding S3 without getting knox installed

Tip us?

kubekpop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [Q] Modding S3 without getting knox installed

Hi. I'll be soon getting S3, probably with 4.1 firmware. I woud like to flash 4.3 from Samsung or CM 11 onto it. Are there any custom roms on 4.3 that don't flash new bootloader (or just knox)? And is there a way back if you already flashed new bootloader and knox? I know about workarounds for root etc., but I know too that it still causes problems on custom roms? Thanks.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
You are missing lots of basic knowledge on the s3, it doesn't have knox, bootloader is irrelevant to the firmware and custom roms are already rooted.

Go read the sticky thread in general forum before you flash anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kubekpop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Thanks, I will read stickies etc. I just have had 2 Sony handsets which modding I know very well, and I face samsung and knox stuff for the first time, and I read that it appears on s3 with 4.3 update, and then saw a note that there is a problem on kitkat rom related to knox. So as I understood I have nothing to worry about flashing 4.3 update and still will be able to have fun with customs?
Thank you.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
the s3 doesn't have knox

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]