5,600,335 Members 35,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Multiwindow S3 for custom roms?

Tip us?
 
icex93
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default [Q] Multiwindow S3 for custom roms?

Hey guys! I wish had the wonderful multiwindow functionality of stock roms on custom roms (I'm currently usong PAC-MAN one).. is possible to build a flashable zip (via odin or recovery)?
 
florinlita
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icex93 View Post
Hey guys! I wish had the wonderful multiwindow functionality of stock roms on custom roms (I'm currently usong PAC-MAN one).. is possible to build a flashable zip (via odin or recovery)?
From what I know, the ROM you use must support it. Why would you want multiwindow? It pales in comparison with HALO...
The Following User Says Thank You to florinlita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
icex93
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks for answering my friennd however, though i think that Halo is a great feature I wish multiwindows functionality because I want to open apps contemporary, also that apps that don't emit a notification (think to vocabulary for example)... there's something like that wonderful feature?
 
Darkened_Sky
Old
#4  
Darkened_Sky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 196
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icex93 View Post
Hey guys! I wish had the wonderful multiwindow functionality of stock roms on custom roms (I'm currently usong PAC-MAN one).. is possible to build a flashable zip (via odin or recovery)?
the multiwindow you know from samsung needs touchwiz framework, so not possible to have it

omni based roms have a kind of multiwindow by longpressing an app in recents app drawer, but it's still buggy

with xposed framework and xhalofloatingwindow module you can achieve something similiar by opening 2 halo popups in the same time (see screenshot) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419287
for me this works pretty good, even if it is a bit more complicated than stock multiwindow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-04-09-47-11.png
Views:	45
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	2502504  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
icex93
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
the multiwindow you know from samsung needs touchwiz framework, so not possible to have it

omni based roms have a kind of multiwindow by longpressing an app in recents app drawer, but it's still buggy

with xposed framework and xhalofloatingwindow module you can achieve something similiar by opening 2 halo popups in the same time (see screenshot) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419287
for me this works pretty good, even if it is a bit more complicated than stock multiwindow
Very exhaustive answer! Many thanks my friend however the problems is still there: open apps in that way depends on notification.. but apps without any notifies? How can I open them in multiwindow?
 
Darkened_Sky
Old
#6  
Darkened_Sky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 196
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by icex93 View Post
Very exhaustive answer! Many thanks my friend however the problems is still there: open apps in that way depends on notification.. but apps without any notifies? How can I open them in multiwindow?
bubble launche or Haloshortcuts or at the moment I am using the appbar of Xblast module
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 Pepple Blue
Kernel: Devil2 Dualboot
Recovery: Devil Dualboot CWM
1st Rom: Temasek Unofficial CM11
2nd Rom: Archidroid Samsung 4.3 Rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Quimicax
Old
#7  
Quimicax's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 91
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SantoDomingo
Omni Rom Have MW And ProBam Have MW AOSP roms.! no only sammy have mw.!
Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Custom Paint
Rom: Temasek v61 (Temasek)
Kernel: Omnirom Boeffla 2.2
Recovery:Advanced Edition PhilZ Touch

Tablet
Asus TF300T
Rom: Slimkat 4.4.2 Build 4 (ne0zone75)
Kernel: Grimlock Rc3
Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
 
dimiav
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 44
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tel Aviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
the multiwindow you know from samsung needs touchwiz framework, so not possible to have it

omni based roms have a kind of multiwindow by longpressing an app in recents app drawer, but it's still buggy

with xposed framework and xhalofloatingwindow module you can achieve something similiar by opening 2 halo popups in the same time (see screenshot) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419287
for me this works pretty good, even if it is a bit more complicated than stock multiwindow
thank you! didn't knew about this options!
 
icex93
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
bubble launche or Haloshortcuts or at the moment I am using the appbar of Xblast module
aaall right maan! you rock! many thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes