Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NeatROM v7.5 Aroma (4.3) soft bricked my phone

Tip us?

chandnit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] NeatROM v7.5 Aroma (4.3) soft bricked my phone

hi! first of all im sorry for posting a thread here instead of posting on the rom thread. im a noob and have posted less than 10 times so im not allowed to post in the rom thread. let me explain what my problem is.

i hv a rooted i9300 and was happily using wanamlite v7.3 with stock kernel. but since it became quite slow n laggy i thought of changing my rom n opted for neatrom v7.5 (touchwiz). this is what i did

1 forgot to take a backup. but i had previous backups from not so long ago so i didnt freak out too much
2 wipe data
3 wipe cache
4 dalvik cache
5 wipe battery stats
6 install rom ( i went through all the steps of the rom installation i.e terms n conditions, selecting which apps i want etc)

after the installation the phone started rebooting....only to be booted into recovery mode. i tried rebooting several times, and even reflashing the rom several times, but the phone would only boot into recovery mode.

so i googled my problem n found this solution http://checkrom.com/threads/resurrec...%84%A2-v4.896/
i used odin n flashed this rom, n thankfully the phone booted normally. BUT i had no signal. the phone wouldnt catch any signal.

after panicking for 10 min i decided to gv one last try n reflashed wanamlite v7.3. thankfully it worked. i hv signal n the phone is running normally

why does it crash when flashing neatrom? i would really like to try this rom. did i do something wrong while flashing?

thanks in advace for ur help

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Usually due to not having a current recovery, update to the latest Philz, or not clearing your previous installation, use Philz to wipe for new rom and format mount/storage/emulated.

The no signal issue might be due to efs problems, which has nothing to do with firmware. Older firmwares are less picky about efs, newer ones won't even boot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

andrewwright
Old
(Last edited by andrewwright; 22nd April 2014 at 12:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2786
Get cmw 6.0.4.4 and flash with that. Just to be safe bk up you're efs with ktool from playstore. Get mg4 modem zip. Check md5 don't waste you're time wiping battery stats. And format system,data,cache before you flash. Reason why I say 6.0.4.4 is I have used this on many many roms and it works very well. Same with twrp 2.7

Edit: thinking about it modem's are in aroma installer so you don't need that too much. Get it for another day as it may come in handy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewwright For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chandnit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright View Post
Get cmw 6.0.4.4 and flash with that. Just to be safe bk up you're efs with ktool from playstore. Get mg4 modem zip. Check md5 don't waste you're time wiping battery stats. And format system,data,cache before you flash. Reason why I say 6.0.4.4 is I have used this on many many roms and it works very well. Same with twrp 2.7

Edit: thinking about it modem's are in aroma installer so you don't need that too much. Get it for another day as it may come in handy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
cwm 6.0.4.4 did the trick! thanks a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to chandnit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrewwright
Old
Thanks Meter 2786
No problem. Please add solved to thread title to help others. :thumbup: