Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Network problem.

OP frictionbuster

3rd May 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
I'm sorry if this has been posted already. Can't seem to find any thread.
The thing is I updated my s3 from 4.0.4 to 4.3 directly via Odin.
And now I'm getting an "Emergency calls only" error.
I tried reading every thread. If there is someone who would help me??
Please.
Thanks.
4th May 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Can you see your imei etc in about phone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivadow

Can you see your imei etc in about phone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes. The IMEI and serial number are intact.
When I call on that number, I can hear a ring.
But phone doesn't notify!
4th May 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Have you cleared the cache (and dalvik if rooted)?.

Factory reset?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivadow

Have you cleared the cache (and dalvik if rooted)?.

Factory reset?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes. I tried data, cache, dalvik wipes.
Nothing helps.
Will going back to ics help?
I have the efs backup. But it's v1
4th May 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #6  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 749
 
3,401 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Usual reason a phone is on old firmware is the efs had been badly repaired and won't work with v2 firmwares.
6th May 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag DOUZ
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frictionbuster

I'm sorry if this has been posted already. Can't seem to find any thread.
The thing is I updated my s3 from 4.0.4 to 4.3 directly via Odin.
And now I'm getting an "Emergency calls only" error.
I tried reading every thread. If there is someone who would help me??
Please.
Thanks.

hi

1- install cwm with odin http://www.mediafire.com/download/ni3zs ... it.org.rar. just take recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.3.2-GTI9300.tar
2- put the patched files in your sd http://hpics.li/12e3bf8 / here's the link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... GkzOUowMG8
4-rebootin recovery mode and install patched modem first then patched kernel and reboot system now


Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes