XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 vibrator feel to i9300?

Tip us?

henkkaize
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 5 vibrator feel to i9300?

I have a silly question: Can I get the vibrator feel from Nexus 5 to my Galaxy S3? I had my hands on Nexus 5 a few days ago and I fell in love with it's vibrator... Nexus 5 has longer and softer vibration.

My i9300 is rooted and it's running SuperNexus 4.0 (Android 4.4.2). And my kernel is the latest CM kernel.

So, I don't have any settings for vibrator on my phone and I couldn't find anything from google search or the Play Store...

I know that other ROMs have this feature I'm looking for, but I really really want to stick with SuperNexus...

Is there any kind of tweak or mod or flashable zip for my needs?

And no, buying a Nexus 5 isn't an option.

Darkened_Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkkaize View Post
I have a silly question: Can I get the vibrator feel from Nexus 5 to my Galaxy S3? I had my hands on Nexus 5 a few days ago and I fell in love with it's vibrator... Nexus 5 has longer and softer vibration.

My i9300 is rooted and it's running SuperNexus 4.0 (Android 4.4.2). And my kernel is the latest CM kernel.

So, I don't have any settings for vibrator on my phone and I couldn't find anything from google search or the Play Store...

I know that other ROMs have this feature I'm looking for, but I really really want to stick with SuperNexus...

Is there any kind of tweak or mod or flashable zip for my needs?
you could try a custom kernel. I think all the common kernels are able to change the vibration intensity so you could reduce it and maybe vibration will be "soft"
but I don't know a tweak which is able to change how long the vibration is.

henkkaize
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've been looking for custom kernels but none of them seem to be compatible with Android 4.4.2 and i9300.

If you know any, would you please give me a link? Thanks!

Darkened_Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkkaize View Post
I've been looking for custom kernels but none of them seem to be compatible with Android 4.4.2 and i9300.

If you know any, would you please give me a link? Thanks!
then you haven't searched very thorougly i think
many kernels have two or more versions, so they are compatible with older and newer samsung and aosp roms
it is always written in the thread title which roms are supported. in your case they are tagged with "[Kernel]" and "[CM11]" or "[4.4]"
and I'm sure they are compatible because I also use the combination 4.4.2 and custom kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]