5,604,443 Members 48,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

Tip us?
 
sokis8
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2013
Unhappy NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

Hello. I have purchase the Samsung Galaxy S3 from a seller here in Greece and since upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 have had an issue with NFC. I reset the phone but problem does exist.The Icon in the notification bar to turn it on/off is blank, and nothing happens when I press it. If I then go into Settings>More Settings and then turn NFC on, it works. The icon in the Notification Bar then goes green and the NFC icon appears. However, then when I press the icon in the Notification bar I get the "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." message, and I need to restart the phone. Have tried adding and removing the icon from the notifications bar, but that hasn't helped. Is this a bug? I have heared that some people have the same problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1qr.png
Views:	407
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1748964   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2qt.png
Views:	378
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1748965  
The Following User Says Thank You to sokis8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andrehen
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2012
I have the exact same issue here.... My version is 4.1.2 CSC: I9300ZTOEMA3
 
tehaerpl
Old
#3  
tehaerpl's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 98
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Odp: NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

I had the same problem on my s3 and note2 but it seems that the bug has been fixed in the latest SW. I am working at Samsung's RD so I can inform devs very quickly about issues

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to tehaerpl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
slaphead20
Old
#4  
slaphead20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4740
Posts: 11,288
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Out there somewhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehaerpl View Post
I had the same problem on my s3 and note2 but it seems that the bug has been fixed in the latest SW. I am working at Samsung's RD so I can inform devs very quickly about issues

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Well you are going to be very popular round here! Have a word with them about multi tasking
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html
 
sokis8
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2013
The problem does still exist. Is there any solution?
 
j@cks
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 106
Join Date: Dec 2010
Looks that it's working with the latest BTU EMB5 (for me it is)

Regards
J@cks
 
Ryanscobberwash
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 188
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hull

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokis8 View Post
Hello. I have purchase the Samsung Galaxy S3 from a seller here in Greece and since upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 have had an issue with NFC. I reset the phone but problem does exist.The Icon in the notification bar to turn it on/off is blank, and nothing happens when I press it. If I then go into Settings>More Settings and then turn NFC on, it works. The icon in the Notification Bar then goes green and the NFC icon appears. However, then when I press the icon in the Notification bar I get the "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." message, and I need to restart the phone. Have tried adding and removing the icon from the notifications bar, but that hasn't helped. Is this a bug? I have heared that some people have the same problem.
you have to take the toggle out of the notification bar, reboot then you can add it again and it will work however whenever you reboot the phone or at least most of the time you reboot the phone it will vanish again and you have to repeat what i said. its the only annoying thing about the phone to me and it is definitely a fw issue just hope it gets fixed. havent tried emb5 so cant say if that fixed it or not
If i helped you please hit the thanks button!
Device: Galaxy s3
Rom: Temasek cm 11
Kernel: Boeffla kernel
Framework: Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryanscobberwash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
st0rmik
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Aug 2010
I have the same problem with newest EMC2 stock rom but method of Ryanscobberwash works for me.
HTC HD2 LEO - NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Stock ROM
 
stavrosd2006
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Heraklio-Crete
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmik View Post
I have the same problem with newest EMC2 stock rom but method of Ryanscobberwash works for me.
i have same problem with EUR ROM.
i thought it will disappear if i install another csc,i tried SEE for southern Europe but still
the same.
its a pity since i want NFC but i want to switch off my phone when not needed.
Samsung service here in Crete was unable to fix it.
they want to send it to Samsung Athens.
 
Hanzo.Hasashi
Old
#10  
Hanzo.Hasashi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 226
Posts: 1,012
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minas Tirith
Xblast Tools (xposed framework module) fixes this problem. (Try playing with the notifications tranparency. It also boosts the statusbar/notifications when pulling down up. It makes it far more fluent.) I am on stock 4.1.2
Galaxy S3~4.1.2 Stock root...4.3 or not 4.3??That's the question
Kindle Fire HDX 7~Awaiting Play store and some decent tweaks/roms
Xperia X10i ~
X10i Mini ~ MiniCM 2.3.7 Unlocked BL nAa Kernel
Xperia U ~ICS Root, Unlocked BL, Things to come?
Iphone 4 ~ rooted/CM7 (hate that thing!! )

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes