XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noob in need of major help

Tip us?

Popperz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Noob in need of major help

so lastnight i installed GT-I9100 [LINARO] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.0 [14/04/24} on my sgh-i747m. Everything went fine until the restart the phone turned off and will not power on. I can plug it into my pc and the computer will make the sound that its plugged in but nothing else.
I have tried the
  • Remove battery wait ahile then place back in
  • remove battery while pressing home and vol put batery back in
  • tried samsun kies
  • tried odin
  • tired pluggin phone into pc without battery(gives red charging light for about 1 min then turns off)
  • tried plugging phone in pc without battery and adding battery
  • holding the power button for 10 minutes
if anyone has anything else i can do short of jtag please let me know

dollar7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popperz View Post
so lastnight i installed GT-I9100 [LINARO] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.0 [14/04/24} on my sgh-i747m. Everything went fine until the restart the phone turned off and will not power on. I can plug it into my pc and the computer will make the sound that its plugged in but nothing else.
I have tried the
  • Remove battery wait ahile then place back in
  • remove battery while pressing home and vol put batery back in
  • tried samsun kies
  • tried odin
  • tired pluggin phone into pc without battery(gives red charging light for about 1 min then turns off)
  • tried plugging phone in pc without battery and adding battery
  • holding the power button for 10 minutes
if anyone has anything else i can do short of jtag please let me know

I don't think you could do anything else.
It was so brainless to install SGS2 soft on SGS3.
You have probably damaged your motherboard.
There's nothing you can do even if your guaranty has not expired yet because of ROOT & Flash counter.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 691
That is a hard brick, new motherboard required.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Benko111
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Sorry guys, but that's BS. Why should he have to replace the motherboard because of a software brick?
The OP was very silly and I'm not sure if he has the expertise needed to unbrick his device, but it is possible.
This is just a dead bootloader it seems.
Luckily there's even the official Samsung dead phone repair guide available, which has been used to create the solution
in this thread (SD-Bootloader-repair-method, one working i9300 is needed):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...k-fix-t1916796

I've not tested this solution myself since I work with jtag boxes, but according to many posts it is valid.
***Contact me for your localization or editorial needs. I do high quality german app and marketing info translations.***

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 691
Try reading the hundreds of other posts where the wrong firmware was flashed, I've not heard a single happy ending.

Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Benko111
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Try reading the hundreds of other posts where the wrong firmware was flashed, I've not heard a single happy ending.

I will try that solution myself on next dead i9300 that comes in and report back.
Probably now I'm waiting for one it won't get in for weeks
***Contact me for your localization or editorial needs. I do high quality german app and marketing info translations.***