Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odd touch screen problem

Tip us?

Feenwolf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Odd touch screen problem

Alirght. so i have been searching through xda and really all of the web trying to find if anyone else has this problem. Problem is that i have no touch. I purchased a brand new screen, tested it on a friends s3 and it worked great. but on my s3 it wont do anything. i should have tested their screen on my motherboard but i really didnt want to wreck there screen if i have some fluke hardware problem. Usb debugging not enabled. not rooted. stock rom. so basically i have nothing to work with i guess? any help would be very greatly appreciated!! thanks!

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenwolf View Post
Alirght. so i have been searching through xda and really all of the web trying to find if anyone else has this problem. Problem is that i have no touch. I purchased a brand new screen, tested it on a friends s3 and it worked great. but on my s3 it wont do anything. i should have tested their screen on my motherboard but i really didnt want to wreck there screen if i have some fluke hardware problem. Usb debugging not enabled. not rooted. stock rom. so basically i have nothing to work with i guess? any help would be very greatly appreciated!! thanks!
Either it's your MB or you've shorted the screen whilst fitting it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

Feenwolf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thats really not what i was hoping haha, the capacative buttons still work. i was hoping to try flashing a different rom but with usb debugging off it doesnt get recognised in download mode. have found a thread about turning it on with adb just havent gotten that far yet. might be the route i need to go.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Flashing does nor require USB Debugging see faqs and guides .

Feenwolf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
alright well nothing happens when i plug in in download mode