XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin 3.09 problem

Tip us?

colint3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Odin 3.09 problem

I have tried to install the I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_OXA rom via Odin 3.09. I correctly placed the four files into the correct panels on odin but when I click on start it does its thing then says locating PIT file and just sits there doing nothing.
There is no PIT file for this rom so what is going wrong.

Anybody got any ideas?????????

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Did you get the connected symbol? Diid you tick the repartition box by mistake? Does the phone still boot?
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

colint3
Old
(Last edited by colint3; 15th December 2013 at 09:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Did you get the connected symbol? Diid you tick the repartition box by mistake? Does the phone still boot?
Yes it connected, no I didnt tick any boxes.
After a long time with nothing happening I exited Odin and restarted the phone which booted up normally and it still works.
I had previously installed the Ireland 4.3 Rom which went well but it is the rom with all the faults and I am trying to put on the new open Europe 4.3 rom but I keep getting stuck on finding PIT message.

I have successfully used Odin 3.09 on my Galaxy note 8 and I have no problems it works as it is supposed to.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Suggest you carefully read the guide on how to flash back to stock using odin. General forum, sticky threads.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mat48
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I suggest flash back to stock 4.1.2 and then to any new ROM.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Damaged PIT take phone to a service centre or buy a new motherboard.

colint3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Damaged PIT take phone to a service centre or buy a new motherboard.
I discovered that I did NOT have the usb debugging ticked. Once I did that I could install the rom. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Tags
odin 3.09