Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need an official firmware..

Tip us?

Sn3aks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] I need an official firmware..

Hello,

one of my friends got her S3 stuck in a boot loop, it can go into recovery and it is detected by odin. So I thought I could just flash the official firmware and this may fix it.

I went over to sammobile but they changed something with the firmware section since the last time I was there.. I can't find older firmware.

The phone is I9300 and I am looking for the latest firmware for Egypt.

Do you guys have any idea what I should do?

Alternatively, I am trying to save the data here, do you know of any non wipe firmware? I am trying to get her phone up without losing data.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Questions go in the q&a forum, report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

If you want the latest firmware then just download it from Sammobile.com, you will have to factory reset before it will boot.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Sn3aks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Questions go in the q&a forum, report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

If you want the latest firmware then just download it from Sammobile.com, you will have to factory reset before it will boot.
I have looked into the Q&A but I didnt feel my question falls in there, as Q&A is mainly about the S3.

I have looked at the threads containing a collection of official firmware but nothing related to Egypt.

I did my search before I post. I could not reach a desirable result that is why I asked.

Apart from that, thank you for your answer. I hope someone else can help me with an answer that will resolve my problem.

Thank you.

Note: funny thing about your quote, I already mentioned I looked in Sammobile and didnt find Egypt. Missed to read that?

Tovagulet
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn3aks View Post
I have looked into the Q&A but I didnt feel my question falls in there, as Q&A is mainly about the S3.

I have looked at the threads containing a collection of official firmware but nothing related to Egypt.

I did my search before I post. I could not reach a desirable result that is why I asked.

Apart from that, thank you for your answer. I hope someone else can help me with an answer that will resolve my problem.

Thank you.

Note: funny thing about your quote, I already mentioned I looked in Sammobile and didnt find Egypt. Missed to read that?
You don't need to install an Egyptian firmware on your friends S3. You can basically install any firmware made for the GT-i9300. Doesn't matter from what country it says its from.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300)

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Quote:

Thank you.

I didn't miss reading that, it was irrelevant as you had missed the basics issue. Don't ignore the posting rules, they do apply to you.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Sn3aks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tovagulet - Thank you

boomboomer - I apologize if I missed the posting rules. Again, I didn't feel my question fit.

Thanks for your help

theronkinator
Old
Thanks Meter 194

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Tovagulet - Thank you

boomboomer - I apologize if I missed the posting rules. Again, I didn't feel my question fit.

Thanks for your help
You didn't feel your question fit in the questions section?

How'd you work that one out?
HP Touchpad - jcsullins' CM10.1
Xperia U - Bootloader unlocked - Ported Sony JB
Galaxy S3 - Stock 4.1.2 ROM - Rooted - Xposed
Checkout my easy HP Touchpad Android installer:
[TOOLKIT] Touchpad Toolkit - Android automated installer