Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I need an official firmware..

OP Sn3aks

23rd March 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hello,

one of my friends got her S3 stuck in a boot loop, it can go into recovery and it is detected by odin. So I thought I could just flash the official firmware and this may fix it.

I went over to sammobile but they changed something with the firmware section since the last time I was there.. I can't find older firmware.

The phone is I9300 and I am looking for the latest firmware for Egypt.

Do you guys have any idea what I should do?

Alternatively, I am trying to save the data here, do you know of any non wipe firmware? I am trying to get her phone up without losing data.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
23rd March 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,400 posts
Questions go in the q&a forum, report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

If you want the latest firmware then just download it from Sammobile.com, you will have to factory reset before it will boot.
23rd March 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Questions go in the q&a forum, report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.

If you want the latest firmware then just download it from Sammobile.com, you will have to factory reset before it will boot.

I have looked into the Q&A but I didnt feel my question falls in there, as Q&A is mainly about the S3.

I have looked at the threads containing a collection of official firmware but nothing related to Egypt.

I did my search before I post. I could not reach a desirable result that is why I asked.

Apart from that, thank you for your answer. I hope someone else can help me with an answer that will resolve my problem.

Thank you.

Note: funny thing about your quote, I already mentioned I looked in Sammobile and didnt find Egypt. Missed to read that?
23rd March 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chile
Thanks Meter: 118

442 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn3aks

I have looked into the Q&A but I didnt feel my question falls in there, as Q&A is mainly about the S3.

I have looked at the threads containing a collection of official firmware but nothing related to Egypt.

I did my search before I post. I could not reach a desirable result that is why I asked.

Apart from that, thank you for your answer. I hope someone else can help me with an answer that will resolve my problem.

Thank you.

Note: funny thing about your quote, I already mentioned I looked in Sammobile and didnt find Egypt. Missed to read that?

You don't need to install an Egyptian firmware on your friends S3. You can basically install any firmware made for the GT-i9300. Doesn't matter from what country it says its from.
23rd March 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 749

3,400 posts
Quote:

Thank you.

I didn't miss reading that, it was irrelevant as you had missed the basics issue. Don't ignore the posting rules, they do apply to you.
23rd March 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Tovagulet - Thank you

boomboomer - I apologize if I missed the posting rules. Again, I didn't feel my question fit.

Thanks for your help
23rd March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #7  
Quote:

Tovagulet - Thank you

boomboomer - I apologize if I missed the posting rules. Again, I didn't feel my question fit.

Thanks for your help

You didn't feel your question fit in the questions section?

How'd you work that one out?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread