5,597,354 Members 32,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA on rooted international s3 -, help needed

Tip us?

NexusCrazy
Old
(Last edited by NexusCrazy; 20th December 2013 at 04:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default OTA on rooted international s3 -, help needed

I've just revived an OTA on my rooted international Galaxy S3.,

It says in the "Update Details" *You cannot downgrade to the old Software after this new software upgrade, due to the security reason.

This makes me think there going to lock my bootloader or something and if that's the case I'll just delete the update and change the phones internal settings so it won't download OTA's.

Recently I've been keeping my phones pretty much stock, a few small tweaks and a few apps that require root,

I'm thinking it will probably just fail the OTA update with the phones status now saying / being modified.

I've also got Mobile Odin installed with enable Everoot, Inject SuperSU and Inject Mobile Odin.

Has anyone been through this ( Int SGS3 Stock Samsung firmware, rooted with chainfires root software - OTA to 4.3 from 4.1.2 if you have how did you get on ??

Any help greatly appreciated.

-
Get a free GifGaf SIM card and get unlimited texts and internet for just 12 on Pay as you Go just CLICK HERE

Samsung Galaxy SIII - Dual Boot - 1st ROM: WanamLite v3.7 - 2nd ROM: Foxhound Silver 07 - SiyahKernel v1.7b1 - GM dualboot recovery
Samsung Nexus S - JellyBean Rooted
[R.I.P]
ZTE Blade/San Fransisco - Ginger Stir Fry Beta 19, 2.3.4.
LG Optimus ME P350 - Pecamod_#Metapod.zip themed.
HTC Desire S - CoreDroid 2.3.3 - S-OFF.
HTC Nexus One - CyanogenMod 7 Nightlys.
[/R.I.P]

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
OTA will fail if you have rooted. If you want to update to 4.3 then best results come from wiping, format internal storage then flash MK6 via odin.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.