No registration required

[q] magicsim elite - galaxy s3 dual sim adapter

OP zardoz99

30th August 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

146 posts
More
Has anyone had any experience of the MAGICSIM ELITE - GALAXY S3 DUAL SIM ADAPTER? I have tried it in my SGS3 and a) it's incredibly tight and b) it reports "no SIM".

It may be that I am being paranoid but I really don't want to force the micro-SIM and the adapter in too hard. Even when I think I have it in OK, it doesn't see the SIM cards.

Teach me....
30th August 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Yep I've got one, works fine. Just pushed it in with my finger nail until the spring load clicked in place. If in doubt maybe just email Magic-sim?
31st August 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag MeS
Thanks Meter: 70

688 posts
More
I got mine a few days ago and the STK menu does not work. I am unable to switch between SIMs.

I have contacted Magic-SIM and am awaiting a solution.
7th September 2012, 11:30 AM   |  #4  

6 posts
it seems Magicsim ELITE doesn't exist ... check on magicsim.com there is no ELITE product ... I've ask them and they are not aware about "ELITE" ... so it's smell fake product their are more expensive and have the same software/hard as magicsim 28th PLUS as you can find on www.magicsim.com/site
8th September 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #5  

21 posts
It looks more like it was developed especially by them as I have both the older 28th version and the new elite one and they are definately different.
8th September 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

146 posts
More
http://www.magic-sim.com/product/id/...GALAXY_S3.html

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
8th September 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #7  

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neric421

it seems Magicsim ELITE doesn't exist ... check on magicsim.com there is no ELITE product ... I've ask them and they are not aware about "ELITE" ... so it's smell fake product their are more expensive and have the same software/hard as magicsim 28th PLUS as you can find on www.magicsim.com/site

Nerdic421 all of your posts are advertising a company called eurodualsim which seem to sell fake Magicsim products..... Looks like youve been BUSTED! Lol

Nice try.
11th September 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

146 posts
More
Thumbs down
OK, I finally got it installed and fired up with the help of Danny at www.magic-sim.co.uk.

Pity that it really doesn't work at all well. The Dual Sim application is visible and flips between SIMs. However, it's REALLY REALLY slow to register the SIM at boot time and then at switchover time. It is also very unstable and will drop both SIMs out of service at times, which kinda makes the phone useless.

All in all 35 wasted, but "Caveat Emptor" I guess. I have given up with this.

Z.
11th September 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #9  

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz99

OK, I finally got it installed and fired up with the help of Danny at www.magic-sim.co.uk.

Pity that it really doesn't work at all well. The Dual Sim application is visible and flips between SIMs. However, it's REALLY REALLY slow to register the SIM at boot time and then at switchover time. It is also very unstable and will drop both SIMs out of service at times, which kinda makes the phone useless.

All in all 35 wasted, but "Caveat Emptor" I guess. I have given up with this.

Z.

I had a similar responsiveness issue with a dual sim adapter I got for my old S2 but it was because I was using a sim card that was about 3 years old and that was causing the issue. Once I replaced that it was fine, maybe this is the issue you're having. This ones working really well in my S3, takes about 20 seconds to switch sims and has been extremely stable so far.
11th September 2012, 05:03 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

146 posts
More
The primary SIM is a micro SIM and is about 4 weeks old direct from T-Mobiles local store. The other one is an elderly FIDO SIM but that's not even getting looked at during the boot process.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread