Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Replacement LCD Screens - from S3 CLONES?

OP fza2007

22nd May 2013, 02:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All,

apologies if i have posted this in the wrong section, if so, please move.

I have been searching without any success of finding a Samsung S3 CLONE that would use a LCD Screen the Original Samsung S3 would recognise. I have not found images in the internals of these clones aswell

I wonder if anyone here or outside this forum has been successfull in finding a Clone S3 that uses the same LCD configuration compatible with the real S3.

I have seen many replacement LCD screens which claim to be compatible but are not AMOLED or have the exact resolution as the S3, so are these "replacement" screen LCDs really used in the Clone.

any one here able to shed some light on this possibility?
22nd May 2013, 02:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 815

2,509 posts
More
Impossible as they are different technology

LCD and AMOLED

Even through you found right size,, right connected LCD screen and attached it into S3, still won't work due to driver problem or something like that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to qtwrk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2013, 02:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

Impossible as they are different technology

LCD and AMOLED

Even through you found right size,, right connected LCD screen and attached it into S3, still won't work due to driver problem or something like that

but im wondering what abt these replacement LCDs that are lower in resolution etc and seems to work with the S3. where are these screens from and are these screens used in the clones?

as for drivers, im sure people in this forum can mod something to make it work?
22nd May 2013, 03:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 815

2,509 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fza2007

but im wondering what abt these replacement LCDs that are lower in resolution etc and seems to work with the S3. where are these screens from and are these screens used in the clones?

as for drivers, im sure people in this forum can mod something to make it work?

Serious?

Those clones, just another model of phone which "accidentally" has very same outer appears as Galaxy S III, doesn't mean they are compatible.

The Following User Says Thank You to qtwrk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2013, 03:09 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,094

5,007 posts
no way, don't even think about trying it
The Following User Says Thank You to Glebun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
yes you can
I've installed three different types, all low resolution and one was two small you would see a small black strip at the top because lcd was two short. But they all worked , if you own a repair shop I think its important to figure out who's making these lcd because when a new model comes out and the assembly is 250$ and Samsung designed the s4 to break at the lcd not the glass , so lots of ppl need lcd. So the price states high for a wile , meanwhile the iphone screens break at the glass so there's millions of good lcds floating around the price drops fast , the iphone 5s is already down to 80$ from its original 250 just two months ago . So the iphone parts drop in price fast but for galaxy parts we need to find who makes these clone lcds so our galaxy customers have a alternative repair option under 300$

We do the 5s for 150$ , the part is 80$
The s4 part is 209 so we have to charge 269 installed.

Insurance deductible is 150....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread