Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

my phone is bricked, i need help

Tip us?

cgamberea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default my phone is bricked, i need help

Hi, yesterday i want to reset my phone and after i reset is restarting and stuck in recovery. It is custom recovery( devil recovery) and after that i try to flash new rom with odin. It's not working. The pc not see the phone in odin mode. Phone enter in odin mode but after i insert the cable pc do noting. I install drivers in the past. What i see but i do not give importance is: in kies first see the phone and after that connection is lost , the mtp working, i copy many files. In android debuging i check on and off but only the mtp mode apear in the phone. What do you think? why my computer not recognize odin mode? It is another way to flash something and recover my phone?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Read the guide on using odin, kies will interfere if running.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

cgamberea
Old
(Last edited by cgamberea; 24th April 2014 at 04:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default solve the problem half

i solve the problem but not entirely. It was the cable( it was not original cable, 1m long, to long) . I cut the cable and make it 10 cm long. After that its working. So its very important the cable. My old cable work on mtp mode but in odin mode not working. Ok after ai make the cable i flash with odin 4 or 5 original roms because every time everithing it was fine but only the network not working. I read and read and read and finaly i found 2 files make by zuluman ( patched modem and patched kernel for i9300), i root, flash and working. ...But why, why. I dont understand, why is not posible to flash stock rom without root and cwm and patches from zuluman? i want the phone like new from factory. Why this phone make like this? And another questions: what custom rom i can flash without problem of network and for the battery to be very good. Because this versions stock roms 4.3 i read on forums, drasticaly drains battery. Sorry my language, i am from romania.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Your efs folder is damaged, it will never be like new and you'll have the same problem with custom rom.

Don't ask for best rom, it is against xda rules.

Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

cgamberea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Your efs folder is damaged, it will never be like new and you'll have the same problem with custom rom.

Don't ask for best rom, it is against xda rules.

But I have problem also with stock rom. I make backup to efs with samsung tools and even i copy entire folder to pc. What shoud i do?