[Q] Phone not detected by Kies as soon as it enters download mode

Tip us?

viper35ninr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone not detected by Kies as soon as it enters download mode

Hey there,

Whenever I connect my mobile to kies it shows an update is avialable. Then when I download that update via kies and as soon as my phone goes into download mode ( the one with the andorid symbol and message " Downloading... do not turn off the target " ), my phone is no longer recogonized by kies. I have USB debugging enabled. My drivers are upto date and have tried re-installing Kies too. My cables work fine too. Please suggest what best can be done.

Thanks in advance !!

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper35ninr View Post
Hey there,

Whenever I connect my mobile to kies it shows an update is avialable. Then when I download that update via kies and as soon as my phone goes into download mode ( the one with the andorid symbol and message " Downloading... do not turn off the target " ), my phone is no longer recogonized by kies. I have USB debugging enabled. My drivers are upto date and have tried re-installing Kies too. My cables work fine too. Please suggest what best can be done.

Thanks in advance !!
Turn off ur fone. Dun connect yet.
Go to download mode.
Connect to the cpu BACK usb port. The usb ports where u put the display plug, sound cable. Normally shld be at the back of the cpu.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viper35ninr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Turn off ur fone. Dun connect yet.
Go to download mode.
Connect to the cpu BACK usb port. The usb ports where u put the display plug, sound cable. Normally shld be at the back of the cpu.

So you mean I should be in download mode already before connecting and that I should connect to the USB on the back side. Right? But if I am already in download mode, will kies recogonize my version of Android and download the update ? ( sorry if that was a stupid question, I am kinda new to this )

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper35ninr View Post
So you mean I should be in download mode already before connecting and that I should connect to the USB on the back side. Right? But if I am already in download mode, will kies recogonize my version of Android and download the update ? ( sorry if that was a stupid question, I am kinda new to this )
Shld be. The back side is not compulsory but i feel tat it is btr as it is kinda tighter port than the outer one as the outer ones are used more.

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
The recommendation is to use a USB port connected directly to the motherboard as opposed to one fed of the mobo such as a front port .
Yes frequently used ports have worn crooked connectors .

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
The recommendation is to use a USB port connected directly to the motherboard as opposed to one fed of the mobo such as a front port .
Yes frequently used ports have worn crooked connectors .
Similar to wat i said. Hope these helps the op

Sent from my GT-I9300.

JJEgan
Old
(Last edited by JJEgan; 24th December 2013 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Similar to wat i said. Hope these helps the op

Sent from my GT-I9300.

Nothing like what you said in your mangled post .
tat it is btr a ???
Many users cannot read your non English posts .

But it is for a reason that a direct motherboard port is used .
I have ports on the rear that are not direct motherboard ports and therefore may have lower power .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Nothing like what you said in your mangled post .
tat it is btr a ???
Many users cannot read your non English posts .

But it is for a reason that a direct motherboard port is used .
I have ports on the rear that are not direct motherboard ports and therefore may have lower power .
Well. I am hated for my typing style. Woots. All usb ports are 500 mah by default. Also. We said the same things in different way. I said the back side since MANY do not know whr the motherboard is.