Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Clear Play Store data?

Tip us?

cherryduck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Clear Play Store data?

Hi,

My phone reboots whenever I try to manage apps or check my storage settings or open the Play Store. I checked out last_kmesg and found that there was a kernel panic caused by an issue with the user data area. I can't clear user data through settings so I used Titanium Backup to start clearing user data and it died on it's ass when it got to Google Play Store.

I tried selecting just the Play Store and clearing data and it crashed straight away so I'm pretty sure it's the Google Play Store causing the issues. Given that I can't clear the data while the OS is loaded is there any way of doing it from TWRP or suchlike? I want to clear ONLY the Play Store info, I don't want to have to do a factory reset and clean ROM installation as I haven't got access to a USB cable to transfer ROM files over this weekend and it's a royal pain having to set everything up again.

I'm on Cyanogenmod 10.1.3-RC1, android build 4.2.2.

ag4751
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryduck View Post
Hi,

Titanium Backup has s feature called Wipe Data this will allow you to clear the Cache and Data from any app

In the list of app tap the one you want like Play Store then tap Wipe Data, it asks you to confirm the wipe tap yes go into setting application manager find play store and the data and cache will be 0.00kb
If I have been helpful remember the Thanks button

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryduck View Post
Hi,

My phone reboots whenever I try to manage apps or check my storage settings or open the Play Store. I checked out last_kmesg and found that there was a kernel panic caused by an issue with the user data area. I can't clear user data through settings so I used Titanium Backup to start clearing user data and it died on it's ass when it got to Google Play Store.

I tried selecting just the Play Store and clearing data and it crashed straight away so I'm pretty sure it's the Google Play Store causing the issues. Given that I can't clear the data while the OS is loaded is there any way of doing it from TWRP or suchlike? I want to clear ONLY the Play Store info, I don't want to have to do a factory reset and clean ROM installation as I haven't got access to a USB cable to transfer ROM files over this weekend and it's a royal pain having to set everything up again.

Go to data/data with a root explorer and delete from there..

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

cherryduck
Old
(Last edited by cherryduck; 11th May 2014 at 10:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
Go to data/data with a root explorer and delete from there..
Yeah the moment I tried to access the com.android.vending directory my phone hard rebooted again. I managed to delete the directory in TWRP and now my phone doesn't reboot anymore! The Play Store doesn't work now though...

EDIT

Scratch that, after a couple of reboots it's up and running again sorted!
The Following User Says Thank You to cherryduck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]