Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 48,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone doesn't turn on or charge with empty battery

Tip us?

johnnyspritz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Phone doesn't turn on or charge with empty battery

My phone's battery just died while charging. No idea how it happened, but apparently it wasn't charging at all, even though it displayed a charging icon.
Now it's turned off and it won't charge. When I plug it in, it turns on, displays the screen with the big battery, as usual, but only for a few short seconds. Then it turns itself on, even though it has no power, and shuts itself down immediately after it turns on, meaning it never charges. Then it goes t the big battery screen again, then turns itself on etc. and this goes in a circle for all eternity.
What do I do? I have no battery charger and I don't have any friends with a SGS3

(I'm running UltimaROM 17.1, in case that's related, which it might be, since I jut flashed it yesterday morning.)

GeekyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspritz View Post
My phone's battery just died while charging. No idea how it happened, but apparently it wasn't charging at all, even though it displayed a charging icon.
Now it's turned off and it won't charge. When I plug it in, it turns on, displays the screen with the big battery, as usual, but only for a few short seconds. Then it turns itself on, even though it has no power, and shuts itself down immediately after it turns on, meaning it never charges. Then it goes t the big battery screen again, then turns itself on etc. and this goes in a circle for all eternity.
What do I do? I have no battery charger and I don't have any friends with a SGS3

(I'm running UltimaROM 17.1, in case that's related, which it might be, since I jut flashed it yesterday morning.)
You say you plug it and this happens? But what do you plug in when you wrote this: "I have no battery charger and.." ?
The battery could be dead or maybe it is also the dock connector! I don't know. FIrst buy a new battery. It's not a big deal
Or you try to search for someone who has an S3 and try it out
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to GeekyDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnnyspritz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
I meant I have a charger for my phone, like with a USB cable, but I don't own a charger that only charges batteries. Thanks for the quick reply, but I fixed it already. It wouldn't boot to recovery because the battery was completely empty, but with some fast finger-work I managed to plug it in and get it to boot to recovery before the battery screen. Since recovery doesn't use up battery as much, it started charging without shutting down and it's fine now

GeekyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspritz View Post
I meant I have a charger for my phone, like with a USB cable, but I don't own a charger that only charges batteries. Thanks for the quick reply, but I fixed it already. It wouldn't boot to recovery because the battery was completely empty, but with some fast finger-work I managed to plug it in and get it to boot to recovery before the battery screen. Since recovery doesn't use up battery as much, it started charging without shutting down and it's fine now
Thanks god you got it fixed. Good job!