Phone doesn't turn on or charge with empty battery

OP johnnyspritz

28th July 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 26

112 posts
More
My phone's battery just died while charging. No idea how it happened, but apparently it wasn't charging at all, even though it displayed a charging icon.
Now it's turned off and it won't charge. When I plug it in, it turns on, displays the screen with the big battery, as usual, but only for a few short seconds. Then it turns itself on, even though it has no power, and shuts itself down immediately after it turns on, meaning it never charges. Then it goes t the big battery screen again, then turns itself on etc. and this goes in a circle for all eternity.
What do I do? I have no battery charger and I don't have any friends with a SGS3

(I'm running UltimaROM 17.1, in case that's related, which it might be, since I jut flashed it yesterday morning.)
28th July 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Burgenland
Thanks Meter: 648

584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspritz

My phone's battery just died while charging. No idea how it happened, but apparently it wasn't charging at all, even though it displayed a charging icon.
Now it's turned off and it won't charge. When I plug it in, it turns on, displays the screen with the big battery, as usual, but only for a few short seconds. Then it turns itself on, even though it has no power, and shuts itself down immediately after it turns on, meaning it never charges. Then it goes t the big battery screen again, then turns itself on etc. and this goes in a circle for all eternity.
What do I do? I have no battery charger and I don't have any friends with a SGS3

(I'm running UltimaROM 17.1, in case that's related, which it might be, since I jut flashed it yesterday morning.)

You say you plug it and this happens? But what do you plug in when you wrote this: "I have no battery charger and.." ?
The battery could be dead or maybe it is also the dock connector! I don't know. FIrst buy a new battery. It's not a big deal
Or you try to search for someone who has an S3 and try it out
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to GeekyDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 26

112 posts
More
I meant I have a charger for my phone, like with a USB cable, but I don't own a charger that only charges batteries. Thanks for the quick reply, but I fixed it already. It wouldn't boot to recovery because the battery was completely empty, but with some fast finger-work I managed to plug it in and get it to boot to recovery before the battery screen. Since recovery doesn't use up battery as much, it started charging without shutting down and it's fine now
28th July 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Burgenland
Thanks Meter: 648

584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspritz

I meant I have a charger for my phone, like with a USB cable, but I don't own a charger that only charges batteries. Thanks for the quick reply, but I fixed it already. It wouldn't boot to recovery because the battery was completely empty, but with some fast finger-work I managed to plug it in and get it to boot to recovery before the battery screen. Since recovery doesn't use up battery as much, it started charging without shutting down and it's fine now

Thanks god you got it fixed. Good job!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread