Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone keeps shutting off by itself

Tip us?

johnael7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone keeps shutting off by itself

The model of my phone is SGH-T999. It is not rooted (I'm going to root it soon though), its running Android 4.3 and I do admit I've dropped it a few times but it has a cover. It shuts off at the most random moment and restarts itself, and sometimes it won't go past the Galaxy SIII logo before restarting itself once more. Theres a possibility the lock button has something to do because when it stays in that startup loop I play around with the lock button till it finally finishes the startup succesfully, but I don't know how the lock button can make it shut down on its own while its turned on without me touching the "power off" option in the window that comes up.

kunal1540
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Wrong forum. This is for gti9300 only

Sent from my GT-I9300

dxppxd
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnael7 View Post
The model of my phone is SGH-T999. It is not rooted (I'm going to root it soon though), its running Android 4.3 and I do admit I've dropped it a few times but it has a cover. It shuts off at the most random moment and restarts itself, and sometimes it won't go past the Galaxy SIII logo before restarting itself once more. Theres a possibility the lock button has something to do because when it stays in that startup loop I play around with the lock button till it finally finishes the startup succesfully, but I don't know how the lock button can make it shut down on its own while its turned on without me touching the "power off" option in the window that comes up.
Its the broken power button, long pressing the power button reboots the phone without any dialog.