XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone stuck on CyanogenMod boot animation

Tip us?

Freddd123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone stuck on CyanogenMod boot animation

Good evening guys. I own the international version of the Galaxy s3. I'm completely new to custom roms and recently downloaded Cyanogenmod through the CM installer app in Google Play. Today, I downloaded the latest CM 11 nightly. My phone updated, but the screen was stuck on the cm spinning animation. After about 15 minutes of spinning, I pulled out the battery and rebooted it, but got the same result. Is my phone bricked? Can anyone tell me how I can fix this. I'm really ignorant about roms and rooting, and a step by step procedure will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddd123 View Post
Good evening guys. I own the international version of the Galaxy s3. I'm completely new to custom roms and recently downloaded Cyanogenmod through the CM installer app in Google Play. Today, I downloaded the latest CM 11 nightly. My phone updated, but the screen was stuck on the cm spinning animation. After about 15 minutes of spinning, I pulled out the battery and rebooted it, but got the same result. Is my phone bricked? Can anyone tell me how I can fix this. I'm really ignorant about roms and rooting, and a step by step procedure will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Can u boot into recovery or download mode? Either one will do.

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.

Freddd123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Can u boot into recovery or download mode? Either one will do.

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.
I booted it in recovery and managed to factory reset my phone. Thanks a lot!